w202 - CD changer install - where is the prewired fibre and power ?Advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Need some advice folks.

Im trying to install a MB CD changer into my 1999 facelift W202 C230k.

The Head unit is a factory installed Audo 10 CD player / radio.

I have pulled all of the lining out of the boot looking for the supposed prewired fibre and power lead by I can't find one anywhere.

I then popped out the head unit and found that even though the unit has the connection point for the fibre, nothing was plugged into it, and poking around in the hole in the dash, found no fibre lead either.

This makes me think that mabey my model is not prewired for the CD changer, which I find a bit odd, as it would make sense to have this wiring in, regardless, and on several posts inother forums, it states that the facelift w202 is prewired for this.

So, the question is, any ideas on the part numbers that I need for the fibre and power and where would I plug the CD changer up to in order for it to access power ? There must be a small connector on the loom somewhere as I find it difficult to believe that it isnt there.

Many Thanks

Need some advice folks.

Im trying to install a MB CD changer into my 1999 facelift W202 C230k.

The Head unit is a factory installed Audo 10 CD player / radio.

I have pulled all of the lining out of the boot looking for the supposed prewired fibre and power lead by I can't find one anywhere.

I then popped out the head unit and found that even though the unit has the connection point for the fibre, nothing was plugged into it, and poking around in the hole in the dash, found no fibre lead either.

This makes me think that mabey my model is not prewired for the CD changer, which I find a bit odd, as it would make sense to have this wiring in, regardless, and on several posts inother forums, it states that the facelift w202 is prewired for this.

So, the question is, any ideas on the part numbers that I need for the fibre and power and where would I plug the CD changer up to in order for it to access power ? There must be a small connector on the loom somewhere as I find it difficult to believe that it isnt there.

Many Thanks
i may be wrong but my early ml was suppossed to have the pre wire for the cd changer but it never:mad: after speaking to my mb service chap he checked it out on his computer and it wasnt:mad: worth checking with them regards jon

I've just removed my CD changer, havent ripped the wiring out yet but will do. How much was the CD changer if you dont mind me asking.

If it's worth a bit i'll sell it on, if not I'll sort you out with the wire and bin the rest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom