W202 wiper mechanism wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wigs_1

Car
98 C240 Sport
Hi there

I'm after a wiper mechanism for a W202.
The specific bit I want is this bit (pictured) though I'll take a complete mechanism.

I'm not bothered if the cam mechanism doesn't work (ie: cog loose on the shaft) as long as no-one has already tried to fix it by drilling the cog (arrowed).

Cheers, Chris

Attachments

• Wiper Mechanism.jpg
    Wiper Mechanism.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 69
Try the breaker at Glossop. :D

Excuse Dragon, he's suffering from permanent brain damage and thinks he's funny.

Right, your problem, you'll struggle to get a specific part like that without a number. If you want to save some money try either:
1. Dronsfields in Oldham who will mail you out an entire wiper mechanism and you strip the bit you want
2. The Garage in Bacup
3. Ebay and search for mercedes wiper mechanisms

or if you would rather get the specific bit and you have a part number then you can go to the stealer.

These usually come up on Ebay and if you search on W202 you usually get a few W202's being broken there.

You could also try Mercman in Southampton

How different is that to a 190E one?
I've removed the mechanism as a whole, but one of the screws that holds the cover on is seized, so I can't get inside.
Maybe I'll drill the head off.

I’m not familiar with your wiper mechanism but if you just want to lubricate the sliding mechanism then this can be done by squirting spray grease though each of the four condensation drain holes which I suspect you have on the back of the mechanism.

Dec

Edit, there is quite a diffrence with this one here... http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=66429

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom