W205 C300h Tyre Wear Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for all the advice folks, I've sent this thread to my dad so hopefully he will take a look.

:thumb:

My C300h has 19" with non run flats but (I think) the 19" can only be ordered from Mercedes with run flats. I'm the second owner and the private dealer advised me the first owner changed non run flats due to harsh ride. (May also have been as he wore the first set out with 12,000 miles on the clock!).

Last edited:
Take the run flats off if there is 3mm left, put proper tyres on and then put the run flats back on when you return it.

My C300h has 19" with non run flats but (I think) the 19" can only be ordered from Mercedes with run flats. I'm the second owner and the private dealer advised me the first owner changed non run flats due to harsh ride. (May also have been as he wore the first set out with 12,000 miles on the clock!).

Thanks

How's the wear going with the non RFT's?

No way of telling, as no idea how many miles are on them. I'm on AMG suspension and the ride whilst firm is fine though. Oh, and I just have a can of gunk which I hope I never need.

If your dad is about to put new tyres on the car all round this is the precise time to get a full suspension alignment done. Cars with unevenly worn tyres cannot be aligned properly.

Last edited:
The 19" Continentals on my C207 are about half worn after 4500 miles ,not surprised as I've only had about 9-10000 from the driven wheels on both 18" & 19" over the last 10 years . My 2011 Passat CC ,on 18's was on it's fourth set of fronts when I sold it with about 26000 miles on the clock.

Take the run flats off if there is 3mm left, put proper tyres on and then put the run flats back on when you return it.
^ This

(which was going to be my suggestion, but gIzzE beat me to it!)

Thanks

How's the wear going with the non RFT's?

Mine we're on 5mm front and 4 mm rear a few weeks ago at first service and 12,000 miles.

I just have a regular C200 and the tyre wear on factory Continentals are horrific.
50% worn on the rear with 6-5mm after only about 3,800 miles of gentle driving.
(assuming worn down by 3mm from 8mm when new)

My projection is that I will probably have to change them at 8,000 miles
- another 4,000 miles will wear down another 3mm down to 2mm tread left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom