W209 CLK Headlight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebzoid

Car
ML320 CDI Sport
I'm still enjoying driving my 2004 Avantgarde and slowly trying to sort the minor details. The next thing I'm onto is the passenger side headlamp: compared to the driver's side one, the glass/lens seems to be cloudy/misty. The driver's side seems crystal clear. I've tried cleaning it but to no avail. So the question is this: is a replacement glass/lens available or do I have to replace the whole thing? The lights actually work fine so this is just a matter of aesthetics (although it does look slightly odd to have one clear and one misty!). Any help and/or advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buy a 3m headlight kit from amazon,my headlights were very cloudy,a few minutes on each and they are beautiful now.

Thanks, ol' chap - I've just ordered a kit from Amazon. I would never have guessed that such a kit existed! Thank you so much.

Make sure it is sealed after otherwise UV light will make them go yellow again quite quickly :thumb:

buy a 3m headlight kit from amazon,my headlights were very cloudy,a few minutes on each and they are beautiful now.

Ive done this too and can confirm it works a treat.

If you can overcome the horror of seeing your headlight plastic becoming opaque
halfway through the process :eek: then you'll be fine.

Be sure to follow the 'quite good' instructions in the kit, regarding the
sequence of grit numbers (from coarse to fine) of the sanding disks.

Mine are crystal clear now after using the 3M kit from amazon.

Just be sure to keep the head of the sander/polisher moving so you don't
let the pad get hot and cause the plastic to melt a little. Also don't run your
drill at too fast a speed as this will increase the chance of it heating up.

I've bought done if the sealant too - good shout, thanks, sjmaxwell. Thanks all for the help and prompt responses.

Best using a battery drill and not a mains drill to avoid the melting effect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom