W209 CLK O/S MIRROR GLASS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickythemerc

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 220 CDI Sport 2009
Bit of a long shot. I need a drivers door mirror glass for my W209 must be the auto dim type and be in good working order. I would consider buying a complete power fold assembly if someone doesn't want to split a complete unit/

You've probably already scoured eBay but in case not there is at least one glass only but at a scary price

Here

Or a couple complete with mirror assembly that might be worth investigating

Here

Here

The second one looks promising as you can clearly see the thicker glass surround that gives it away as auto dimming. I managed to get lucky when I bought my CLK and got a perfect mirror for £75. Then went on the hunt for the n/s before realising Mercedes cheaped out and didn't fit them.

You've probably already scoured eBay but in case not there is at least one glass only but at a scary price

Here

Or a couple complete with mirror assembly that might be worth investigating

Here

Here

The second one looks promising as you can clearly see the thicker glass surround that gives it away as auto dimming. I managed to get lucky when I bought my CLK and got a perfect mirror for £75. Then went on the hunt for the n/s before realising Mercedes cheaped out and didn't fit them.
Thanks for your help, Done the ebay search and spotted the £180.00 job. The complete mirrors look the better bet assuming of course the glasses are good. I know they disclour when failed. I really need to find out how to test mine off the car to prove the fault as it has not gone cloudy.

Ah, so yours still looks good but it's not automatically dimming? What happens if you put your finger over the sensor on the back (windscreen side) of the mirror? Anything?

I've had many cars with auto dimming mirrors and the giveaway that they're bad is always the discolouration you mention. If they look OK they usually are OK.

The interior mirror works as it shoiuld, this is why I need to check for voltage at the mirror plug. I rebuilt the mirror a while back to replace the fold motor. Not a big issue and can wait for better weather and have a play.

You need to be in a dark area with a light source hitting the interior rear view mirror sensor, then your OS mirror will begin to dim.

Let me know if you need help to source a used eBay wing mirror with the OEM mirror glass intact, I can spot them so easily. Max you should pay no more than £45 delivered and you can sell off the used wing mirror for £20 + shipping (£5-6).

I’ve been meaning to start looking too, the O/S mirror on the A209 is cloudy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom