W211 320cdi sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James320sport

Car
2009 e320cdi sport
Hi all, just joined for some advice please! Just purchased my 3rd e class, 2009 320cdi sport, I had a e280 (2005 avant-garde) a couple of years back and it drive 100 times better. Was tight and positive. My sport is poor, I suspect the front shockers are worn and springs weak. It sits very low at the front and if I push on the wings it bounces without much dampening. Also when going over uneven surface it seems to keep bouncing allover(allmost like the wheels are going up and down very fast). The rear isn't much better, off centred road bumps on a corner makes the rear end feel twitching and the full car seems to sway. I know springs have colour codes but I am not sure if the ones on the car are correct! I am looking for common issues or places to look for issues. Also if I don't use MB parts what would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Why did you buy it if it drove so poorly after the test drive?

I would use MB parts, they are not expensive and they will fit . I have had springs replaced on my E320 CDI Sport and they were under £60 from MB. It is essential that the springs match the car specification.

I also had MB dampers fitted and they were under £80 each.

Why did you buy it if it drove so poorly after the test drive?

I would use MB parts, they are not expensive and they will fit . I have had springs replaced on my E320 CDI Sport and they were under £60 from MB. It is essential that the springs match the car specification.

I also had MB dampers fitted and they were under £80 each.
Thanks for the advice on the genuine parts.

Regarding the car, i purchased the car as the rest of the car is actually very good, unmarked interior and paint is factory apart from bumpers! I've not mentioned anything on the cost of the car etc as I am happy with that, I asked about suspension as that has issues.

Thanks again

The springs (if OE) will have coloured paint markings. These need to be matched with any replacements.as they vary with the vehicle specification👍

I have recently done my 2009 E320cdi with new shocks and springs . Bought most of it from Autodoc on a 41% off deal . I used Sachs all round because that’s what came off the car .
The ride was transformed at 126k with new bits all round

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom