W211 E55 AMG - engine oil dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Following on from my previous thread, dipsticks are available from a US supplier on eBay.

I accidentally deleted my 'how to' on linking to Ebay, but search for 120 589 07 21 00 and that will bring it up.

They are a copy of the Mercedes tool used to check the level, and are not meant to be left in place all the time. However, unless the lower end contacts the moving parts when running (which I doubt - it looks just the same as the OE dipstick on my W210 E55, but I will check with Affalterbach), I see no reason why one cannot bore through the removable blanking plug on the dipstick tube, and having VERY CAREFULLY measured the appropriate operating length from the lip of the tube, cut the dipstick to length and feed it through the plug, then Araldite it in place so it can stay in the tube, just as on any other car.

The cost for one will be about £23.50, plus any Customs or other charges (VAT is likely to be waived for so low a value. However, if they use UPS the bums at the Post Office impose a handling charge of £10. This is "to cover the cost of collecting the money from you" (I was told last time). Of course, if there are no Customs charges there is nothing to collect until they impose the charge in the first place, but it's useless arguing. B******s. Rant over...).

The cost per unit would be less if I buy more than one, because the carriage charge (£10 per single item) will be halved for multiple items. I'll be ordering within about a week. Anyone else want one?

E55BOF

Last edited:
Thanks very much, Mike. If there are no instructions with the tool, that will be invaluable.

BUMP. Last chance; ordering on Wednesday.

hi everyone. my dad's w210 e200 shifts from P into all gears without depressing the brake pedal. However when you press the accelerator the engine revs up but the car won't move. does anyone know how to fix this problem. thank you in advance for any and all help you can offer.

Poster or Mods -please move and retitle. Nobody will see it here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom