W212 E350 Build "The Boat"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RAB36

Car
2014 Mercedes E350 Bluetec AMG Sport
In the following weeks and months ill be doing a few bits to the boat and as always for my own record and anyone interested i like to document it as i generally end up modifying my cars way past the stage i ever intended lol, so if its the good the bad or the ugly ill post it up so if anyone's interested hopefully it will be a decent transformation in the end, if there is ever an end :confused: 🤣

So the car is a 2014 E350 Bluetec AMG Sport with 58k miles, full service history and pretty much everything i wanted spec wise, pan roof, ambient lighting, heated seats, full (artificial) leather interior, led intelligent headlights, DAB/satnav, 19" wheels and the Diamond white paint plus a few other things that made it a no brainer really.

Near future plans are usual to be honest so i wont bore anyone listing things but mostly cosmetic and a couple of power upgrades.

Here's what the old girl looks like few days after bringing her home.

1.JPG
4.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
interior.JPG

BTW those rubber mats are going asap! I'll keep the drivers to stick on top for work but god they let the interior down 😩

Time to drop her.

I did mention this in another thread that the rear of these saloons (arch gap) is a lot bigger at the rear than the front almost like its trying to be a hot rod, my dilemma was coilovers for this model seem to be around £1000+ which is just overkill for this car and i cant justify the price when its the wrong car for fast road or track and generally not what i want, damper and spring options are the same story so my only option left is just lowering springs which all seem to have the same drop front to back which wont solve the higher back end problem, (keep with me there's light at the end of the tunnel) the only company that offered front and rears separately at various heights are LO so i ordered 35mm rear and 25mm front they were out of stock so i had to wait a few weeks but they turned up and now there on and for anyone interested and in the same situation i think they solve the issue perfectly, not to low but its levelled it out nicely and even made it a bit more stable in the corners.

Here's what its like now the suspensions settled

lowered 1.JPG

lowered 2.JPG
lowered 3.JPG

Now its lowered ill order some 10mm wheel spacers, i tested a 15mm on the front and it just looks to over the top so 10's all round it is.

I love the way it sits! Has it impacted the ride at all?

I love the way it sits! Has it impacted the ride at all?
I am very happy with it overall, the stock set up is way to soft and floaty its still just as comfortable and no bangs or nasty noises over bumps literally the same as stock as far as drain covers, bumps ect goes big difference is its improved the body roll in cornering dont get me wrong its still a floaty boat but id say its halved the body roll which has made it more enjoyable to drive at no expense of comfort, literally a win win, highly recommend.

I am very happy with it overall, the stock set up is way to soft and floaty its still just as comfortable and no bangs or nasty noises over bumps literally the same as stock as far as drain covers, bumps ect goes big difference is its improved the body roll in cornering dont get me wrong its still a floaty boat but id say its halved the body roll which has made it more enjoyable to drive at no expense of comfort, literally a win win, highly recommend.
Nice one 👍 something to keep in mind 🤔 keep up the good work!

Hi , really like the look of the car.

Have you had the wheels refurbished ?
They were refurbished by the company i bought the car from, as there diamond cut faces i don't have high hopes on them staying nice for long though 😩 may possibly just repaint them all black rather than having them re done every year but ill cross that bridge when i come to it, for now there ok 👍

After a failed attempt to match this horrendous colour i finally finished colour coding the chrome boot trim, I'm still not 100% happy with the match but after the week I've had this is the best its getting, ideally it needs blending out into the boot instead of edge to edge as this colour using the paint scheme i had seems almost impossible to get spot on, either way here's the end result.

BEFORE:
Rear.JPG

AFTER:
rear 2.JPG

Doing it gloss black would of been easy but for what i have in mind and what I've already got to put on the boat i feel that specific trim in gloss black will be overkill for the rear end, i may change it to black down the line worst case scenario but id like to keep it body colour if possible.

The 10mm wheel spacers did arrive today so i fitted them its hard to tell in the pictures but they are there i promise lol, they have made a noticeable difference to the sunken in wheels that come stock i could of got away with 12mm all round but the 10's have still made a huge difference in person.

6.JPG
7.JPG
9.JPG
8.JPG

That's how the car sits at the minute just waiting on the mats to arrive and after nearly a month I'm still waiting on the front grille i want to come back in stock as that company has the rear diffuser i want as well so putting off buying one without the over but I'm getting bored of waiting now so may give it a few days and if the grilles still not in ill just get the diffuser...

I love the decklid spoiler still in black. Its exactly what I would do. Beautiful car

I love the decklid spoiler still in black. Its exactly what I would do. Beautiful car
Thank you she is a little gem, that spoiler was actually already on the car so i cant take credit for that, i will replace it with a carbon one to keep the black look but I'm just currently investing a small fortune getting into golf so the E's on the back burner for a second.

That looks amazing! The stance is just perfect!

That looks amazing! The stance is just perfect!
Cheers mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom