1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

w212 power steering fluid

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by keith of kent, Jan 2, 2017.

1. keith of kent

keith of kent Member

Car:
    E212 350 sport night edition estate
    2010 E350 212.
    Power steering works fine but on cold mornings there is a wining noise for quite a while, worse when steering wheel is turned.
    I've removed the massive cover over the engine and found the reservoir, the fluid is near the bottom of the dipstick.
    is this a special fluid that i need to get from MB at silly price or can I get it in Euro car parts/Halfords?
    Its going into my local indy in a weeks time for MOT so will get them to check for a leak. Would Wynns Power steering stop-leak be a possibility, I've good experience from Wynns products?
    There is a possibility that I may sell this car in the next few months so don't want to spend money on repairs if I can get away with it. I will of course buy a newer E350

2. zenman63

zenman63 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 63 AMG SLK 55 & SLK 350 amg
    Just get the MB fluid from parts, its not expensive.

3. AMGeed

AMGeed Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2004 W211 E55K ///AMG
    As above, use OEM fluid. Not a good idea to mix different brands anyway.