W213 E class at the Geneva Salon motorshow - The inside story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alf Barnet

Car
S212
Been away playing for a few days, but back now with some snaps to share - not your obvious ones either! However if your a future purchaser these might help. First off the inside story:

Designo interior:

Connectivity:

I love the Designo interior, but it doesn't lend itself to UK car purchase habit of contract hire or 2/3 year PCP then hand it back. Which sadly determines that everything we have here must be a shade of grey with black interior.

That aside I really want an E43AMG estate when it arrives.

I was daft enough to pay for mystic blue paint on the SL so who knows what I'd do on the next E.

I still can't get my head round that dashboard , it's bloody awful , it looks so out of place.

The dash is outstanding and a glimpse of the future. Get used to it.

Think of it as a laptop display rather than fixed dials and it makes more sense.

That looks so stunning and so far removed from the W212 that it stopped me getting a cheap lease deal on the outgoing model.

I'll be looking at buying a S213 once they're released, really like the look of them, still no W211 though!

It's that flat "shelf" above the dials that looks so weird. Everything else inside is curved and sculptured and the shelf looks so out of place.

I was dead set against the instruments, but the ledge and the instruments flow in the flesh (in the same way the C class iPad works in practice, but not in pictures). What doesn't work is the narrow seats and the heavily offset steering wheel. The console is very bloated too.

Either side of the steering wheel is a thumb switch touch pad - left switches the left side of the display off (how this works in motion is anyone's guess) right one switches the right side of the display off. You can have the navigation in a circle the size of a rev counter Audi style too.

Oh and the daft bottle strap has seemingly gone too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom