W213 service updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petebarrow

Car
2017 E class 220d AMG Line Premium Plus. Obsidian
Hi
After mercedes exchanged my 2017 E CLASS estate uk car with a New vehicle because of issues they couldn't fix.
Now after my being serviced, they told me updates had been performed.
My question is how do find out what the updates are.
I did ask the service guy. He just said:
media system
Engine management
Plus an update for the main system.
He could not expand further 7th than that.
No further details were given
Thanks in advance
Peter

Be nice and ask him for a full written explanation of all the updates performed. I do believe they should be listed on your service sheet.

Hi
I went to my dealer yesterday.
They totally refused to give me any information. They just gave me the UK customer service number.
So contacted them.
They just sent one sheet covering just service.
No mention of any updates or warranty fixes
Not impressed.
Pete

Hi
After mercedes exchanged my 2017 E CLASS estate uk car with a New vehicle because of issues they couldn't fix.

Ouch. What was wrong with the first car? Considering a w213 myself at some point.

Hi
I went to my dealer yesterday.
They totally refused to give me any information. They just gave me the UK customer service number.
So contacted them.
They just sent one sheet covering just service.
No mention of any updates or warranty fixes
Not impressed.
Pete
Sounds like they may be a little sore over having to replace your car ! As it's an E you should be able to check map and media updates on Mercedes Me - my March 2018 E350e has had 6 automatic map updates with 1 pending. I also had a large automatic Linguitronic download. I just had the first service and they couldn't have done any software updates as I waited and the service didn't take an hour. I don't think there have been any 'warranty or recalls for E's in the last year.

I don't think there have been any 'warranty or recalls for E's in the last year.

Actually there has been a recent recall for some S213 (and I presume W213) to reposition the fuel line so that it doesn't cause a fire. Had mine done at the last service (which was also incredibly quick!)

Actually there has been a recent recall for some S213 (and I presume W213) to reposition the fuel line so that it doesn't cause a fire. Had mine done at the last service (which was also incredibly quick!)
When was your car built ? I double checked the ‘recall’ site ant by Feb 18 hasn’t any recalls.

My experience is that if they don’t want to voluntarily tell you what the updates were, you’re not going to find out. Most people don’t realise, but MB routinely carry out “silent” updates to their cars as part of the service process. These can be software only, replacement of physical components, or a mixture of the two.

Obvious question to ask is what benefit will you derive from knowing (other than in the generic terms you’ve already been given) what has been updated?

When was your car built ? I double checked the ‘recall’ site ant by Feb 18 hasn’t any recalls.

My car was first registered in March 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom