W639 CANBUS Speed Limiter Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samjam

Car
Vito Traveliner 115 CDI
It's all the rage to watch your speed to within 1MPH these days, but I'd rather keep my eyes on the road than on the speedo.

My W639 has a speed limiter, but not an easy way to flip it between 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 MPH. (In fact it is stuck at Km/h anyway)

I'm wondering if the speed limiter can be controlled by CANBUS interface?

Does anyone know? If so, I may try some arduino + CANBUS project to set the speed from some large push buttons.

It's all the rage to watch your speed to within 1MPH these days, but I'd rather keep my eyes on the road than on the speedo.

My W639 has a speed limiter, but not an easy way to flip it between 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 MPH. (In fact it is stuck at Km/h anyway)

I'm wondering if the speed limiter can be controlled by CANBUS interface?

Does anyone know? If so, I may try some arduino + CANBUS project to set the speed from some large push buttons.

Hmm
I think the speed limiter is very efficient use mine on roads not familiar with quick flick up or down to desired set speeds in MPH! W639 and in My current W477

:confused:

W639 Might be ok with no errors with a arduino board i know my 447 ECU would not like it would spew out errors that would fit on a full roll of expensive wallpaperLoL

Last edited:
Hmm
I think the speed limiter is very efficient use mine on roads not familiar with quick flick up or down to desired set speeds in MPH! W639 and in My current W477

:confused:

W639 Might be ok with no errors with a arduino board i know my 447 ECU would not like it would spew out errors that would fit on a full roll of expensive wallpaperLoL

Thanks for your guidance.

Yeah, the lever up/down moves to the next 10 KPH range, and then up/down in 10 KPH steps but can't be switched to MPH.

I'm wondering if it is because I'm in the UK and my analogue speedo has only MPH and so the digital speedo is stuck in KPH, as mentioned here: changing from kmh to mph on the display - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Someone sells this. Mercedes Viano W639 2011 - 2014 Facelift Auto

However I think I'll try again to pursue ways to have the limiter in MPH

Mine looks like this

2dqvdvs.jpg

option to change from MPH to kmh in instrument cluster menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom