WHAT is the purpose of this vehicle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
New Range Rover Evoque Convertible :doh:
A bold step or Reductio ad absurdum of the whole SUV convertible concept.

rr-cab-fd-657.jpg

Cruisin' the boulevards of St. Tropez

You'd be surprised, how many will sell in Florida and Cahlihfornya.

Well, I wanted my X204 (which is considered a small car over there) to be convertible, when I lived in FL ... something like this:

f896e928-a9a1-460d-866b-3e59b2b284a2_zps8itkcvme.jpg

:bannana:

Oh dear.
I like it.

Edit: Actually, that needs an explanation....

Unlike many I like both the looks and the concept of the Evoque. For me it is a little like the Dodge Viper, Audi TT, Fiat 500 or new Beetle - a concept car has gone into production and stayed close to its roots without being compromised TOO much.
It is a reasonably small SUV - you have a reasonable amount of room without having a large (huge) vehicle. It can also be a 4x4 for light off road excursions - by that I mean over wet grass, snow etc.
It does all of that and you can have a convertible some people like to have the roof down. It shouldn't be the domain of 'sporty' cars.
It's orange. That means it isn't black, silver, or white. That will do for me.

Basically it looks like a fun car for those who can afford the probably inflated price. I welcome it and look forward to seeing it on the road.

Stands back and awaits incoming.

Last edited:
I've been banned for giving my opinion of such vehicles.

Last time I did such a thing I was pounced up on.

Not falling for that again. :confused:

Ant. :(

Ewww.

Need to see it in the flesh, not seen any around yet and believe it has already been released. As said before they will sell.

Oh dear.
I like it.

Edit: Actually, that needs an explanation....

Unlike many I like both the looks and the concept of the Evoque. For me it is a little like the Dodge Viper, Audi TT, Fiat 500 or new Beetle - a concept car has gone into production and stayed close to its roots without being compromised TOO much.
It is a reasonably small SUV - you have a reasonable amount of room without having a large (huge) vehicle. It can also be a 4x4 for light off road excursions - by that I mean over wet grass, snow etc.
It does all of that and you can have a convertible some people like to have the roof down. It shouldn't be the domain of 'sporty' cars.
It's orange. That means it isn't black, silver, or white. That will do for me.

Basically it looks like a fun car for those who can afford the probably inflated price. I welcome it and look forward to seeing it on the road.

Stands back and awaits incoming.

Yours for a mere £47,500 - £52,410 = absolute bargain.
or you could buy a Mercedes E 400 for around £48,000 :dk:

Mercedes-Benz-E400-cabriolet-(2)-wide.jpg

MB need to introduce some exciting colours. Far too bland. Not keen on the Evoque convertible but love the vibrant colour.

You certainly have a point - hard to argue with that logic.

The residuals on the Ewok cabriolet will be unrivalled, the cheapest five year old "hardtop" ones are £18k. Not bad for a motor that retailed at £30k. You can buy a similar aged £40k E-Class for £12k.

Also worth noting that it will sell by the boatload which is great news for British jobs as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

The article:

"A shock new study by this website has revealed that the new Range Rover Evoque convertible does not appeal to people it was not designed to appeal to in the first place.

Sniff Petrol studied hundreds of reactions on car forums and comments sections and discovered conclusively that, amazingly, people who quite obviously would have never liked the Evoque convertible do not seem to like it.

This will come as a blow to Land Rover who must have been hoping that people who would never have considered a car like this would have shown interest in a car like this rather than, as is actually the case, parroting the same predictable opinions over and over again.

‘When we designed this car, we never thought about people who would never have given a **** about it anyway,’ admitted a Solihull insider. ‘It’s come as quite a shock to find out that they don’t like something we never expected them to like.’

‘Ooh, we’ll take a thousand,’ said Wilmslow in Cheshire, yesterday."

MB need to introduce some exciting colours. Far too bland. Not keen on the Evoque convertible but love the vibrant colour.

I agree. I parked alongside a new metallic redish Mazda and it looked a great colour. MB's Hyacinth Red looks bland against it.

It would work for me without the range rover badge and with a simple ethos at about 20k, like a citroen mehari

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom