Wow !!! Cheaper petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kikkthecat

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 Viano 2.2 CDi Ambiente
The supermarkets have alledgedly slashed petrol prices

Well my local Tesco was charging 90.9p on Monday
It had gone up to 92.9p on Tuesday and 93.9p on Wednesday despite no rise in oil prices

Today they have cut 4p a litre off due to the falling price of oil. That puts it at 1p a litre cheaper than it was on Monday.

Message to Tesco's.
Cheers guys, you've managed to deduct the amount you were profiteering by, any chance of you actually passing on the cut in the oil price ?

Just saw this on the news too - wonder if Sainsburys will follow suit :rolleyes:

I'm glad I held out then!

I've not bought any petrol since Monday, I have 1/8th of a tank left so I will enjoy the slightly lower rate when I fill up tonight/tomorrow :)

just filled up in ASDA at Cardiff Gate at 0930 Friday. Unleaded was 0.899 per litre, beats the £1.019 I paid near Gatwick airport on monday.

approx 89p around warrington aswell!

Bet all those idiots who panicked bought the fuel must be feeling silly - there was no shortage of fuel and many had to sit for up to an hour in queues and some were even putting £3/5 in at a time cos they were being greedy with nearlty full tanks. All our cars have well over half tank left and not been filled for 2 weeks now as not been driven too much. Sprinter needs toppig up though which I will do this evening.

Agree totally with you, Flash. They must feel a little silly now...

It really does no good to panic buy.

A friend down the pub told me of one bloke who queued up for about an hour and how much fuel did he put in???

£2.89 !! :eek: :eek:

Must have used nearly that in the queue?! :crazy:

I still have half a tank from last week when i filled up at a price of 91.9p!!

If it was not for the guys going to the stations and queing.. do you think we would have a sudden price cut?

Do people use supermarket fuel? I tend to use Optimax in the SL & Ultimate diesel in the ML. I'm not sure how good supermarket fuel is. Is it a false economy? Any views.

Mini rant..!How many Millions/Billions has the Tax man made in the past 2 weeks.... shame will NEVER EVER see any come back our way, I'm leaving the country with the 100,000 brits leaving every year...i've had enough! Convince me to stay....!.. 1 plus point, I was 1 hour early to a meeting at Bolton Reebok today, because i used he TOLL road... bugger!... had planned in the traffic jams...?? no probs even throught the 40mph roadworks.. think i'll stay now.. ahhh nuts....!

Just bought 61 litres at Tesco @ 89.9p

Texaco around the corner still selling @ 95.9p!

89.9 at Sainsbury's last night. Agree with Flash's comments above but didn't want to rub more salt into the wounds.....

Our Sainsburys is 89.9 p /l

Haven't filled up for a good week though - (dont do that many miles to work etc)

:cool:

IanAlexander2 said:
Do people use supermarket fuel? I tend to use Optimax in the SL & Ultimate diesel in the ML. I'm not sure how good supermarket fuel is. Is it a false economy? Any views.
There was a Tesco tanker leaving the Shell refinery pictured in the newspaper, so if you buy Tesco petrol you're buying Shell petrol, only about 5-7p/litre cheaper right now! ;)

I seem to remember someone telling me that supermarket fuel is the fuel that the big companies reject (for whatever reason) ...... still saleable but not up to their standards...

There have been posts of people having worse fuel economy/performance with supermarket petrol/diesel....

Could this explain the Tesco tanker leaving Shell ?

SEM said:
Mini rant..!How many Millions/Billions has the Tax man made in the past 2 weeks.... shame will NEVER EVER see any come back our way, I'm leaving the country with the 100,000 brits leaving every year...i've had enough! Convince me to stay....!.. 1 plus point, I was 1 hour early to a meeting at Bolton Reebok today, because i used he TOLL road... bugger!... had planned in the traffic jams...?? no probs even throught the 40mph roadworks.. think i'll stay now.. ahhh nuts....!

There are becoming more and more reasons to quit this isle in addition to the above.

Apparently because more and more women are choosing to have careers and not children, the indiginous population is on the decline. Apparently we have to rely on immigration to keep the population level constant/rising in order to maintain sufficient people working to pay enough tax!

Just as soon as my pension kicks in, I'm off.

Shell in scotland average 89.9 unleaded.

Keep an eye on tropical storm Rita, soon expected to be reclassified as another Hurricane, project landfall in Texas.

Prices had a bit of a dip recently thanks to energy commodities traders cashing out, but may start to climb again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom