'07 e320 cdi Bluetooth option?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ric320

Car
E320 Sport estate
Hi all. My new 211 has a broken Comand screen (I knew it was faulty when I bought the car). Before I buy a used unit to install I wanted to check out my options for getting Bluetooth music AND phone calls from my android phone WITH steering wheel track change control (I've looked at the various threads re this but I'm still confused!). I'd really like to be able to control it from the steering wheel. In the glovebox there's a 3.5mm socket and in the cubby between the seats there's a phone port (see pics). I really don't want to spend a fortune on a new head unit etc, but also don't want to just use a Bluetooth adapter in the AUX socket. I'd appreciate any pointers! Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 20210111_172512.jpg
    20210111_172512.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210111_173404.jpg
    20210111_173404.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks a lot. I'll look into getting one of those (I've emailed Command too). Do you know what model / version Comand mine is?

Call/email comand.co.uk with your VIN and what you'd like to achieve, they're a couple of miles from J3 M3 so not too far from East Sussex, equally if you want to get something more modern than MB's antiquated system they can supply and fit Pioneer or similar (just don't mention Chinese to them) depending on how picky you are and also how deep your pockets are!! They updated my early NTG4 on the S204 so the HDD accepted map updates later than 2014-15, fitted a reversing camera and front parking sensors, also installed a required update to the NTG2.5 on my SLK so I could update the maprs from 2008 originals to the last 2019 update, great guys!

Thanks Chris. My pockets aren't very deep at the moment! I've emailed them for advice. I'm happy to use my phone for navigation so just need music controlled from the steering wheel. I'll see what they suggest. Thanks again.

Am starting to wish I was too! I've a feeling this is going to get expensive...
MB also do refurbished parts , which is little advertised . They also do their own Bluetooth adapter which may be an option ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom