• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

12v power supply

Philc57

Car
C200 estate 4 matic.,,, zrx1200s, 1400 gtr kawasaki
I now find myself with no 12v power supply at both the centre console and the boot sockets. I found the fuse location and changed the fuse for the boot supply only for it to blow as soon as I tried to use it, I've not tried the front one yet that's on a separate fuse as far as I can see
I'm no electrician I expect I'll be going to an auto shop to get that fixed unless somebody knows different 🙃

The fuse only blows when you try to use the 12 V socket? What do you try to power up, is that device good on another car/power socket?

The fuse only blows when you try to use the 12 V socket? What do you try to power up, is that device good on another car/power socket?
Yeah I tried that , and confirmed the air pump was working ok, but saying that i haven't tried anything else, that's my next task

Air pump? Sounds like quite a high current consumer. What amperage was your new fuse?

I carry a portable tyre compressor under the boot floor whose instructions specifically state it's not to be powered from a 12V lighter socket as it will blow the fuse. I think it takes something like 25 amps. It also does 0-30psi in twenty seconds
biggrin.gif

I carry a portable tyre compressor under the boot floor whose instructions specifically state it's not to be powered from a 12V lighter socket as it will blow the fuse. I think it takes something like 25 amps. It also does 0-30psi in twenty seconds
biggrin.gif
So, they supply an air pump that you can't use, both power supplies front and rear are 15amp,, seems a bit off to me. The mb air pump did blow a 20 amp as I did try one just to see .
So my pump could be dodgy

So, they supply an air pump that you can't use, both power supplies front and rear are 15amp,, seems a bit off to me. The mb air pump did blow a 20 amp as I did try one just to see .
So my pump could be dodgy
It's not an MB supplied pump, it's one I bought via Amazon. It's fitted with a long lead with battery clamps and an inline fuse. It's excellent.
It didn't cost as much when I bought it in 2017.

Update on my fuse/ compressor issue.
I replaced the fuses again but this time tried my phone charger in both front and rear sockets and all ok , I then tried a spare compressor of the same make and that's OK too , so the new in the bag mercedes air pump that came with the car is a duff , good job I didn't get to need it out on the road somewhere

I imagine its got damp over some time and seized up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom