190e not starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kustomtony

Car
C240 (W202)
Hi guys, I have acquired a really clean 1991 190e (1.8 manual) it has been parked up since a none start in 2016. I got it transported back to my place today and put a new battery on it....... it turns over on the key but has no charging/oil pressure light illuminated on the dash......so obviously it has an electrical gremlin. So could it be a simple fuse or relay? Anyone got a link for a fuse box diagram? Any thoughts? Thanks guys

kustomertmtony I dont know if you will find a fuse diagram for the 190E 1.8 You will have to use the 190E 2.3 fuse diagram .But go to this web page and search yourself = AOTO GENIOUS for fuse box information . Other than this site, you could check battery posts for corrosion give them a good clean and grease them before re fitting. Also earth wires on the engine to chassis is a must in this case as above clean refit . Look for loose or corroded wires ..All contact need cleaning in the engine bay .. Might even be a bad ignition switch . Keep us informed what you find . Might even be the aftermarket alarm and immobiliser if one is fitted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom