• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2000 CLK 320 Engine Cooling Fan - Spins at low speed only?

dudes45

Car
2000 Mercedes CLK 320 Elegance
Hello, my radiator fan only spins slowly and does not ever transition into high-speed mode. When the car has been driven and is up to temperature and I stop for a while I get "Engine Fan - Visit Workshop" on the display and the engine creeps up towards the 3/4's mark on the temperature gauge. Does anyone know why this would be happening? As I said the fan does spin it doesn't kick into high speed when needed, the car is clearly telling it to but I guess the fan is not responding. I've seen fan control modules on eBay but I can't seem to find one in my engine bay and WIS isn't helping, there's very little info on the fan that I can see. Is the fan ECU controlled in my car? If so do I just need to replace the whole fan assembly? This has been happening for a few weeks now.

I'm going to get the code reader on it over the weekend but someone here might have a better idea. I have tried searching through the forums but I've not seen any issues like this one.

Same me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom