2005 cl500 PSE issues ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alanparker

Car
2005 cl500
Evening guys n gals . I have. 2005 cl500 . Recently the doors stopped working , boot and fuel flap wouldn't open . Diagnosed as the PSE pump , I've located a second hand unit for now as Mercedes are currently on back order (anywhere from 3weeks to a year !!) Fitted the replacement today and the doors lock and unlock as does the fuel flap , but the boot is having a hissy fit . It opens off the the key fob , and off the release button inside , but as soon as its open , the latch locks itself again ?? Tried resetting by pulling the 20a fuse but still a no go . There is a hissing for around a second at the actuator but seems to be coming from an exhaust on it ?? Any help greatly appreciated .

Maybe the PSE failed because the boot actuator is leaking?

I'm guessing but maybe the actuator vents to atmosphere as to release pressure to lock/unlock and if there's a seal gone it's constantly venting and has over-worked the pump?

I'm guessing but maybe the actuator vents to atmosphere as to release pressure to lock/unlock and if there's a seal gone it's constantly venting and has over-worked the pump?
Makes sense , I will find a replacement actuator and go from there . It's a really strange one , even if you push the button on the boot lid and keep it depressed , it still locks itself. Thanks for the swift reply it's appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom