• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2007 S203 Rear Coil Springs

TheGr8Cornelius

Car
S203 220CDI
Hi,
Hope I am posting this in the right place,bit of a newbie…I have a 2007 C220CDI Elegance Estate(S203).
I need two rear coil springs and the dealership have asked me to provide my Reg/Vin number and the colour coding on the springs.
It looks like the springs were aftermarket ones fitted before I bought the vehicle and they have no colour coding on them.
Can anyone help me with which springs I need as I’m finding it rather confusing and want to make sure I get the correct parts fitted.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Hope I am posting this in the right place,bit of a newbie…I have a 2007 C220CDI Elegance Estate(S203).
I need two rear coil springs and the dealership have asked me to provide my Reg/Vin number and the colour coding on the springs.
It looks like the springs were aftermarket ones fitted before I bought the vehicle and they have no colour coding on them.
Can anyone help me with which springs I need as I’m finding it rather confusing and want to make sure I get the correct parts fitted.
Thanks in advance.
Ask the dealer if getting the coloured dots from the front springs will give them the info they need

Dealer really only needs the VIN as it will give them the build info which will plug into EPC to give the correct spring specification. It takes a bit of cross referencing (time) which is probably why they want the colour coding, saves them time..
If that dealer can't be bothered, just approach a different one.

I am a bit surprised at the dealership not knowing what springs should fit your car????? Usually, I just phone my local motor factors, and give them the reg number, and they order in the correct ones......... The dealer should certainly be able to do this, however you will usually pay a lot more for them, however, the main dealer parts are sometimes higher quality, so that is a personal choice of when to 'scrimp' and when to go to main dealer.

I am a bit surprised at the dealership not knowing what springs should fit your car????? Usually, I just phone my local motor factors, and give them the reg number, and they order in the correct ones......... The dealer should certainly be able to do this, however you will usually pay a lot more for them, however, the main dealer parts are sometimes higher quality, so that is a personal choice of when to 'scrimp' and when to go to main dealer.
Motor factors may not take into account the different spring rates associated with different trim levels, engine types, body style, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom