2010 W2112 E350CDi engine temp.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
The engine temperature on my recently-acquired w212 stays way too low, only occasionally reaching the halfway point on the gauge. A friend is fitting a new thermostat at the weekend, so hopefully the problem will be sorted.
My query's about the radiator fan. A couple of times, as I've come to a halt and the gauge has been registering virtually rock-bottom, I'm sure the fan's been running. Switching the ignition off, then back on.....no sound of the fan.
If it is indeed the fan, why would it be running?

Pete

Did it come on before the thermostat was changed aswell ?

Change the stat - that should sort it.

My W212 has the same issue - stat and fresh coolant on Saturday to sort it 👍

It's still got the duff t'stat in till the weekend.

Pete

Misread it sorry. Yeah change the stat and see whats what . I've read the Aircon pressure switch can cause this ,,,also the fan control built into the fan.

The engine temperature on my recently-acquired w212 stays way too low, only occasionally reaching the halfway point on the gauge. A friend is fitting a new thermostat at the weekend, so hopefully the problem will be sorted.
My query's about the radiator fan. A couple of times, as I've come to a halt and the gauge has been registering virtually rock-bottom, I'm sure the fan's been running. Switching the ignition off, then back on.....no sound of the fan.
If it is indeed the fan, why would it be running?

Pete
Hi milleplod,
My exact same model has started doing this. It's as if the fan comes on at an engine temperature of 60 and cools it right down to 40. After 20 miles it was still 40 with engine fan whirring away, even for a good while after stopping the engine. It doesn't seem to do it all the time though.
Regards,
Paul

Any result after the stat changed ? I think one is doing exactly the same. It seems to run way too low 40-60 most of the time..

Change the thermostat buddy it should be 85-90 .
Thought as much…. Is it safe to go aftermarket for this? They seem to be a third of the mb orig part.

Thought as much…. Is it safe to go aftermarket for this? They seem to be a third of the mb orig part.
I bought a Wahler stat from AUTODOC , which was the same make as my one on the car (that MB fitted )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom