2022 GLE AMG Premium thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevebez

So got a 6m old 2022 as per title and was dismayed to discover it has no memory seats. £65K car and no memory seats - seriously?

Or am I missing something? I can create a personalised profile for pretty much every ambient lighting function but I cant recall my seat settings?

Even more odd its listed as a standard feature in the brochure.

Help me out here please!

For some time now, Mercedes Benz do not allow the selection of individual options, instead the various options are clustered into 'packs'. I am guessing that the memory seats option was simply part of an option 'pack' that the original owner of the car did not specify.

Another possibility is that this particular option was removed just before the car entered the production phase, this has been known to happen across the car industry - options removed without notice - due to the semiconductor shortage.

Another possibility is that this particular option was removed just before the car entered the production phase, this has been known to happen across the car industry - options removed without notice - due to the semiconductor shortage.

^This is most likely the reason your GLE doesn't have memory seats. I originally bought an A35 that was just coming off the boat from Germany, it didn't have memory seats as the option had been pulled from the model due to the semiconductor shortage. Mercedes messed up on their ordering system and thar car got sold to another franchise dealer. Luckily my dealer had another brand new A35 in the showroom which I now own. It had the memory seats as it was built early 2022 just before they pulled the option.

Yeah just been through the car and MBUX and nada seat memory… baffling tbh.

My ‘06 E55 has more ‘basic’ features.

Think Ill write a note to MBUK and see what they say…

They will just tell you it is down to component shortages. Did you order the car from factory or was it in stock? Your sales executive should have been aware if the option was pulled from the car.

They will just tell you it is down to component shortages. Did you order the car from factory or was it in stock?..

The OP said "So got a 6m old 2022..."

The OP said "So got a 6m old 2022..."
I didn't know whether that meant he's recently bought a 6 month old car or he's owned it from new for six months.

I didn't know whether that meant he's recently bought a 6 month old car or he's owned it from new for six months.

I see. Well, if he had the car for 6 months, you'd have thought he'd spotted the missing memory seats by now.... :D

I see. Well, if he had the car for 6 months, you'd have thought he'd spotted the missing memory seats by now.... :D
I never make assumptions, I've been sat in dealerships waiting for cars to be serviced and overhead customers complaining the car they bought 12 months ago doesn't have a particular feature! 😅. I'm sure that isn't the case with the OP.

Think Ill write a note to MBUK and see what they say…
I got a £150 voucher from Mercedes for my wife’s GLA 35 not having a power assisted tailgate despite it being advertised as having it……It’s not a lot but it’s better than nothing.

Thanks all … to clarify its a second hand demo unit. Sep22 Reg.

Test driving the car - you don't think of checking this but other aspects of the car but there we are.

Brochure clearly states seat memory is standard… fwiw.

I can unlock the car with my phone but car cannot remember my seat settings ffs!

Anyhow anyone know what beat contact would be for MBUK?

These sort of spec shortages is not specific to Mercedes. It's been happening to the whole car industry for the last 18 months or so due to shortage of semi conductors.
I've seen other car forum where buyers were complaining about their new BMWs having the same issue.
The choice is to find an older second hand model before all this shortage issue or live without the spec on a newer model.

Thanks all … to clarify its a second hand demo unit. Sep22 Reg.

Test driving the car - you don't think of checking this but other aspects of the car but there we are.

Brochure clearly states seat memory is standard… fwiw.

I can unlock the car with my phone but car cannot remember my seat settings ffs!

Anyhow anyone know what beat contact would be for MBUK?
I think this will be on you, as you saw and test drove the car prior to purchase, so it would be incumbent on you to check things over before doing the deal.

I appreciate one gets excited about a new purchase, I certainly do, and possibly don’t check every option, and concentrate more on how the car drives, when out for the test drive, and do other visual checks, and you may easily have overlooked the memory switches not being on the door card.

Is the option important to you, do multiple drivers use the car.

I purchased my GLE in November (it was an ex demo car) first registered in June 2022, It was the only one I could find in France with mem seats!
Yes it was due to chip shortage
The things my car was missing were the phone charger mat and what pi$$ed me off the most was the sat nag did not have the augmented reality and the built in dash cam did not work, apparently even though the camera is on the windscreen it cannot be retro fitted as I have a "lesser" model MBUX fitted,
kc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom