• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

885 - Highten theft protection

John20

Car
C CLASS (C200) KOMPRESSOR Saloon 2008
Hi there, can someone please advise.

I'm trying to get my door's actuator changed and the dealership has mentioend I need a different kind of actuator because of this '885 - Highten theft protection' which is on my vehicle. I can't find any info on what 885 - Highten theft protection exactly is...and whether it will have any impact on me changing actuator?

The reason I'm querying is because one mercedes mains dealer has said the above, that I need this special one?? and the other mains dealer has said no I don't... ans the difference in cost is about £150 so If I can save 150.. I want to. lol. But at the expense of damaging the car or whatever. Any thoughts?

Apparently Mercedes 885 enhanced anti-theft protection is a Thatcham approved immobiliser.

If you Google the above (not heighten) you should get some results to confirm this. I have it on mine but still had to fit a tracker for the insurance. :(

Apparently Mercedes 885 enhanced anti-theft protection is a Thatcham approved immobiliser.

If you Google the above (not heighten) you should get some results to confirm this. I have it on mine but still had to fit a tracker for the insurance. :(

That is what I was thinking it was from the limited info I found on google but I don't see why this would have any impact the door's actuator? surely the immobiliser is purely the steering wheel side of things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom