• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AC-cleaning spray for MB HVAC system - This stuff doesn't exist in Europe Q1830002

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
I was looking for AC-cleaning spray cleaning my HVAC system.
Found this MB spray from an American webshop.
Partsnumber is Q1830002.

I rang dealership asking for this spray, I was told MB don't have this product in Germany?
I replied WTF, I found this item from a US webshop with MB partsnumber asking why this product isn't available in Europe?
It was a special part only for MB in North America.
Looks like NA market get stuff we don't get to buy?

I will buy a AC spray from Motip Airco Cleaner.

I found an interesting video on YT, mechanic explaining why MB stink a lot!
I have to warn you all, this dude is very loud explaining why MB has issues with their AC system!
Reading comments below was kinda funny.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• MB - HVAC Cleaner.jpg
    MB - HVAC Cleaner.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 4
Watched a couple of his videos & I'm afraid I can't stand that stupid boomer (I hate that word usually, but in this case it's apt), all he seems to do is slag off Mercedes & extol the virtues of his 30 year old Toyota Celica

How often do you actually need to sanitize the AC system.
In 23 years I have never done this.
I know bacterias and shite will grow on evap causing the system to eventually stink like he loudly mentioned in the Youtube video.
All cars should have these pproblems with stinky AC systems not only MB.

Dude in the video should show calm PRO manners when he explains stuff about issues not SCREAMING to the camera!!

Stinky air con kind of depends on where the car lives . Many on here might never have seen actual mist (clouds !) coming out of their air con vents , others might see it quite often ,particularity on older systems.

Humidity plays a big part in mold growing in the system.

Stinky air con kind of depends on where the car lives . Many on here might never have seen actual mist (clouds !) coming out of their air con vents , others might see it quite often ,particularity on older systems.

Humidity plays a big part in mold growing in the system.

This year UK had a hot and very dry summer otherwise it rains a lot and the grass is always green in UK, shouldn't weather humidity in UK cause mold to grow in the AC system?
Scandinavia is very damp in winter and fall that's why MB loves to rust in Scandinavia, summer is not hotter than hell but still hot.
Perhaps hot climates like middle east is the perfect place for AC to work on max?

Next year when my car is due for service I will have the AC sanitized.
Might be a good thing to do sometime in life?

I was looking for AC-cleaning spray cleaning my HVAC system.
Found this MB spray from an American webshop.
Partsnumber is Q1830002.

I rang dealership asking for this spray, I was told MB don't have this product in Germany?
I replied WTF, I found this item from a US webshop with MB partsnumber asking why this product isn't available in Europe?
It was a special part only for MB in North America.
Looks like NA market get stuff we don't get to buy?

I will buy a AC spray from Motip Airco Cleaner.

I found an interesting video on YT, mechanic explaining why MB stink a lot!
I have to warn you all, this dude is very loud explaining why MB has issues with their AC system!
Reading comments below was kinda funny.

There are plenty of similar cleaners available in the UK that will do the same job 🤔

Found AC cleaners from CRC and Liqui Moly

How do you apply the cleaner, I'm assuming you pull the cabin filter & spray downstream of that?

How do you apply the cleaner, I'm assuming you pull the cabin filter & spray downstream of that?

yeah, pull out the cabin filter.
pull down matt insulation on the centre tunnel, behind covers on each side (if you have dual zone ACC) there are AC water outlet hoses on left and right side.
something like this in this video.

There are also the aircon 'Bomb' type if memory serves me correctly. Put AC on full welly recirc , close all the windows stand the aerosol 'bomb' in the footwell , set it off, slam the door and wait for it to finish doing it's thing before getting back into the car.

Not sure if they are any good or not.

There are also the aircon 'Bomb' type if memory serves me correctly. Put AC on full welly recirc , close all the windows stand the aerosol 'bomb' in the footwell , set it off, slam the door and wait for it to finish doing it's thing before getting back into the car.

Not sure if they are any good or not.

These stink removal bomb's are no good, only good for a few weeks then back to old smell.

I believe a good clean up internal HVAC system is the only way to go.

I compared size of the spray cans from Würth, Liqui Moly and CRC and Motip sells a 500ml can.
Motip offers more bang for your penny when you clean the system.

Attachments

• AC Cleaning.jpg
    AC Cleaning.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 5
Took my car for annual service after winter storage.
I bought Motip AirCo cleaner spray cans which will be used, service guy will spray the evaporator clean with this airco foam.
I don't drive my car very often and in winter it's stored.
Because of this I got a stale scent in my cabin, it smells a bit sleazy and sweet.
I don't know if the smell in the cabin previously came from the AC vents or it's only a sweet mildew scent as I can't see any moldy stains in the cabin?
I believe this is a common problem on older cars as they pick up funky smells in the cabin.

I was browsing internet for detail shops cleaning interiors and found info about foggers.
These machines placed on the floor having chemicals which reacts and puts out a fog which covers the entire cabin killing every stinky molecule!
This fog access everywhere in the cars cabin annihilating bacteria.

If you let your car sit on idle with the AC on recirculating, put the machine on the floor let the fog clean the system and kill funky smells.
I think it will neutralize everything.

Do you have any experiance with fog machines?
Don't want to use an ozone generator messing up my interior.

The Motip AC spray really works.
Go get the spray if you have a musty AC.

How often do you actually need to sanitize the AC system.
In 23 years I have never done this.
I know bacterias and shite will grow on evap causing the system to eventually stink like he loudly mentioned in the Youtube video.
All cars should have these pproblems with stinky AC systems not only MB.

Dude in the video should show calm PRO manners when he explains stuff about issues not SCREAMING to the camera!!

Same here, 2 cars in 24 years have done nothing to ACs. The trick is to have the AC on all the time summer and winter. No fogged glass.

Same here, 2 cars in 24 years have done nothing to ACs. The trick is to have the AC on all the time summer and winter. No fogged glass.

I have my AC on everytime when I drive my car during spring/summer period.
In winter I store my car and never start it for 6 months.

I read comments on Youtube from other youtubers, approx 10 minutes before you park your car at home it's recommended to turn up the heat and shut off the AC, condensation water in the evaporator core will dry.
This is to avoid stinky cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom