Air Filter housing W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malc854

Car
c class 220cdi W203
My air filter housing on my '06 C220 cdi W203 is cracked in a few places and there is no part number. A new one is £250, so Ebay looks a likely source, if only I could find the part number. Any ideas?

Thank you for the welcome. Does it help with my chassis number WDC2030082R229572

Well, the Vin# will help you:D

The link I posted can search for the exact model by Vin, so entering that brings up a new page for your car.
Going to the Air intake page you get this

You should now get the correct Part # depending on which engine you have fitted.

From the Vin#, this site gives you the datacard for your car.

It shows everything fitted when built.
You have an OM646 engine according to that datacard.

The Part # you require is A6460901201
It tallies with Code 926 on your datacard

926EXHAUST GAS CLEANING WITH EURO 4 TECHNOLOGY

No problem. Hope you can find one on eBay.
If not, try a Mercedes breakers like Dronsfields.
At least you know how much a new one is and can decide if the asking price for a used one is worth it.

Thanks for the link. I put in the VIN for my early 03 C200K SE Auto and it gave me loads of info, including that it’s a 1.8, even though the docs from Swansea say it’s a 2.0. How do I find out for sure?

Unfortunately MB among others have confused everyone with the badging not matching the engine size. There are many examples.

You have a C200 Kompressor, but if it is the M271 engine (the datacard will confirm) then it is a 1.8 litre engine.
If however you have the M111 engine, that is a 2 litre lump.

Wiki confirms this

Thanks AMGeed.
The engine number starts 271, so it’s a 1.8.
Now for some interesting conversations with my insurer, DVLA, and the road tax people. That’ll be a lot of years of road tax being charged too high.

No problem. Hope you can find one on eBay.
If not, try a Mercedes breakers like Dronsfields.
At least you know how much a new one is and can decide if the asking price for a used one is worth it.
Ebay £14 w/free p/p, fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom