• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AMG GTC Roadster chrome trims removal

Loverobot

Car
SL63AMG
Hi
I am trying to find out how best to remove the chrome bits so I can have them painted - specifically

Front lower bumper lip
Front bumper side fins
Side grilles and the 2 fins on them
Side skirts
Rear lower bumper trim

Any help would be brilliant thanks

Hi
I am trying to find out how best to remove the chrome bits so I can have them painted - specifically

Front lower bumper lip
Front bumper side fins
Side grilles and the 2 fins on them
Side skirts
Rear lower bumper trim

Any help would be brilliant thanks
Sorry I can’t help regarding removal however if you’re planning to use a professional bodyshop then ghey ought to be able to remove them.

Which colour are you painting them? If black could you cinder having the wrapped in black vinyl or black PPF? That way they don’t need to be removed and it can be quickly reversed if needs be.

Sorry I can’t help regarding removal however if you’re planning to use a professional bodyshop then ghey ought to be able to remove them.

Which colour are you painting them? If black could you cinder having the wrapped in black vinyl or black PPF? That way they don’t need to be removed and it can be quickly reversed if needs be.
Thanks - I approached a really well thought-of vinyl wrapper local to me and he seemed really keen but has gone to ground so wondering how hard to remove them myself and either wrapped or have them painted
I wouldnt want to damage them

Thanks - I approached a really well thought-of vinyl wrapper local to me and he seemed really keen but has gone to ground so wondering how hard to remove them myself and either wrapped or have them painted
I wouldnt want to damage them
Whereabouts are you?

Near Leeds Bradford Airport but work over in Morley, Leeds

I can't help with trim removal and sorry for the slight thread hijack, but it's official, I think I must have stepped over the 'old grunter' threshold.
When searching for my last car one of the absolute must haves was chrome pack. I did however go and view a car with the night pack and I knew within 10 seconds the night pack made the car look like it was missing 'something'. The biggest thing I noticed was that without the chrome side skirt trim the car looked bare and incomplete.

That is just my opinion of course and who cares, this is your car and your choice, that is all that matters. I hope you get your trim looking as you want it.

mdYUilsl.jpg

iW63UX9l.jpg

I can't help with trim removal and sorry for the slight thread hijack, but it's official, I think I must have stepped over the 'old grunter' threshold.
When searching for my last car one of the absolute must haves was chrome pack. I did however go and view a car with the night pack and I knew within 10 seconds the night pack made the car look like it was missing 'something'. The biggest thing I noticed was that without the chrome side skirt trim the car looked bare and incomplete.

That is just my opinion of course and who cares, this is your car and your choice, that is all that matters. I hope you get your trim looking as you want it.

mdYUilsl.jpg

iW63UX9l.jpg
This Old Grunter agrees with you on this one!
But as you say, each to their own; life would be really boring if we all liked the same things.

mdYUilsl.jpg

iW63UX9l.jpg

This Old Grunter agrees with you on this one!
But as you say, each to their own; life would be really boring if we all liked the same things.
Yes I agree on that black car – definitely looks better with the highlights but I've got the selenite grey and I think it's basically the opposite; with the black trim they stand out whereas the silver trim at the moment just seems to blend – all personal taste of course and at the end of the day black or chrome they still look amazing!

Yes I agree on that black car – definitely looks better with the highlights but I've got the selenite grey and I think it's basically the opposite; with the black trim they stand out whereas the silver trim at the moment just seems to blend – all personal taste of course and at the end of the day black or chrome they still look amazing!
Oooof nice choice of paint colour, Selenite 👌🏻

So I found somebody that will do it which is better than me doing it! I did think also about doing the door handles but looking at them I don't think it would probably be ideal because of the fact that it splits? I will leave them chrome I think. Otherwise having all of the silver deleted including the exhaust pipes outlets. I'll post up pics when done!

So I found somebody that will do it which is better than me doing it! I did think also about doing the door handles but looking at them I don't think it would probably be ideal because of the fact that it splits? I will leave them chrome I think. Otherwise having all of the silver deleted including the exhaust pipes outlets. I'll post up pics when done!
You need to be careful with the door handles as they’ll be keyless, and expensive to replace.

What did you decide to go for paint or vinyl/PPF? Are you doing the grille too?

You need to be careful with the door handles as they’ll be keyless, and expensive to replace.

What did you decide to go for paint or vinyl/PPF? Are you doing the grille too?
Yes agree re handles
Vinyl though we will see how the front holds up
Leaving the grill - quite like it tbh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom