• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Appalling customer service

MarkG14

Car
W204
Recently had an MOT failure due to an “incorrectly fitted suspension spring”.

Amazingly, this suspension spring was fitted last year by MB Southend (owned by Jardine Motors) replacing a broken suspension spring.

MB Southend then issued an MoT without noticing their own incompetence.

When the car failed the MoT this year, I immediately contacted MB Southend and reported their poor work.

Rather grudgingly, the General Manager conceded to my request for the labour charge for fitting the suspension spring to be refunded, as I argued that they had charged me for a service they clearly had not provided.

7 weeks after conceding their error, MB Southend had still not refunded me the labour charge, and instead insisted that any refund would be a “goodwill gesture”.

It was only after I agreed to accept payment as a “goodwill gesture” - rather than a dangerously incompetent repair - did I receive a refund of the labour charge.

Appalling customer service from an authorised, franchised MB dealer.

Last edited:
Recently had an MOT failure due to an “incorrectly fitted suspension spring”.

Amazingly, this suspension spring was fitted last year by MB Southend (owned by Jardine Motors) replacing a broken suspension spring.

MB Southend then issued an MoT without noticing their own incompetence.

When the car failed the MoT this year, I immediately contacted MB Southend and reported their poor work.

Rather grudgingly, the General Manager conceded to my request for the labour charge for fitting the suspension spring to be refunded, as I argued that they had charged me for a service they clearly had not provided.

7 weeks after conceding their error, MB Southend had still not refunded me the labour charge, and instead insisted that any refund would be a “goodwill gesture”.

It was only after I agreed to accept payment as a “goodwill gesture” - rather than a dangerously incompetent repair - did I receive a refund of the labour charge.

Appalling customer service from an authorised, franchised MB dealer.
How was it fitted wrongly buddy?

How was it fitted wrongly buddy?
It was explained to me that the top end of the spring should be seated around a spigot. The spring was actually sitting on the spigot, and was correctly re-fitted by Alex Crow of Stowmarket.
I recommend Alex Crow 100% to any Mercedes owner in or around Suffolk. I live in Essex, and the journey is well worth it.

It was explained to me that the top end of the spring should be seated around a spigot. The spring was actually sitting on the spigot, and was correctly re-fitted by Alex Crow of Stowmarket.
I recommend Alex Crow 100% to any Mercedes owner in or around Suffolk. I live in Essex, and the journey is well worth it.
Yep I use Alex as well buddy , top chap .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom