Back to C class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinjs

Car
2021 C300 AMG Line Night Edition Prem +
Having owned a couple of 204’s and then a 205 I have just had a brief spell with a GLA before swapping it for a C300 premium plus night edition in Selenite Grey.

it’s so good to be back in a real motor car, we thought the GLA would suit our needs better but it proved to be a mistake really, it’s not that it’s a bad car, there are thousands of owners who love them, but I suppose we had been spoilt by 7 years with the C Classes.

it’s great to be back in something that isn’t just practical transport but something that stirs my emotions every time I get behind the wheel.

I never cease to be impressed by the design, engineering and quality of these cars.

Welcome back , good choice 👍
But I feel a pic is needed here ? 😁
Everyone is different when it comes to choosing a particular make / model and what they prefer but you’re absolutely bang on , Mercedes build quality is something else. After my c250 was written off in January ( rear wheel drive in icy conditions 😩) say no more !! I was looking around for a replacement and to be honest nothing came close to the build quality of a merc!! In the end the pull of the e class was too much and so I treated myself , collect it on Friday !! Hope you enjoy you’re new wheels , I’m sure you will !
chris

Welcome back.

You may want to update your car's info in your profile... ;)

Welcome back. 👍

Sounds a great spec especially with the night pack in that colour. Would love to see some photos too. ☺️

Everyone is different when it comes to choosing a particular make / model and what they prefer but you’re absolutely bang on , Mercedes build quality is something else. After my c250 was written off in January ( rear wheel drive in icy conditions 😩) say no more !! I was looking around for a replacement and to be honest nothing came close to the build quality of a merc!! In the end the pull of the e class was too much and so I treated myself , collect it on Friday !! Hope you enjoy you’re new wheels , I’m sure you will !
chris
Enjoy, one of life’s little (if expensive) pleasures.

Having owned a couple of 204’s and then a 205 I have just had a brief spell with a GLA before swapping it for a C300 premium plus night edition in Selenite Grey.

it’s so good to be back in a real motor car, we thought the GLA would suit our needs better but it proved to be a mistake really, it’s not that it’s a bad car, there are thousands of owners who love them, but I suppose we had been spoilt by 7 years with the C Classes.

it’s great to be back in something that isn’t just practical transport but something that stirs my emotions every time I get behind the wheel.

I never cease to be impressed by the design, engineering and quality of these

Attachments

• 7E9560E2-AD76-401C-931A-797DC98657EF.jpeg
    7E9560E2-AD76-401C-931A-797DC98657EF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
Pano roof is a rare option these days, did you order it or was the car in stock? I've been tempted to get one of the many w205's on offer but none have had the pano roof.

Pano roof is a rare option these days, did you order it or was the car in stock? I've been tempted to get one of the many w205's on offer but none have had the pano roof.
It was a stock car, pan roof is part of premium plus pack which is very pricey but it’s the only way to get the roof. The first C class I had with a pan roof was bought for other reasons but I wouldn’t have a car without one now, use it pretty much every trip, even when the temperature is low.

chris
My previous 205 was assembled in Sth Africa and I was initially a little concerned about the build quality and finish. I needn’t have worried it was excellent. This one is a German build, rolled off the line just before Christmas, but it looks like they screwed this one together properly despite being in holiday mood. Can’t fault anything on the car so far. Resisted the pressure to pay for StarGard this time, suspect they still did it but no certificate or bag of goodies in the boot, no little sticker on the screen, £400+ better off.

My last W205 had 19”rims and run flats. Continentals which were harsh, noisy, didn’t seem to grip or wear particularly well and were well over a grand a set to replace! So at the earliest opportunity, I bought a tyre repair kit for the boot and changed to conventional Yokohama’s - good move.

When I got my new W205 in March, it also had 19” run flats, (AMG night pack), but these are on Pirelli’s and seem to be a different proposition altogether, quiet and a much better, softer ride ........ looks like a result!

I’m still discovering features, just found out yesterday that I don’t have a dipstick anymore, electronic oil level detection! The 360 camera function continues to impress with how clever and seemingly accurate it is.

Managed to polish the car last weekend, can’t find a blemish anywhere, which is how it should be but so often isn’t.

So far, all good - only done about 280 miles, but early signs are encouraging.

After a few thousand miles I’m pleased to say that the engine has lost a lot of it’s harshness and is now becoming smoother with the passing miles.

All my previous C Class’s have been diesels so I never expected them to be silent but this C300 is petrol so I was a little surprised at the apparent engine “thrashiness” when it was new. Anyhow, seems like my patience is being rewarded.

It's not the most refined engine for sure (ours is on 10k miles now), but it goes well and gives pretty decent economy. We had an S203 C230 before (2.5 V6 petrol) - that was a much sweeter sounding engine, but slower and it struggled to reach 25 mpg in average day to day driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom