Boot interior cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazchaz01

Car
SL350
Has anyone tried cleaning the interior of the boot area, I have 2004 R230, the inside of boot area is grubby (she will be 20 years old next year). Has anyone got any tips for cleaning the various soft surfaces?
All help gratefully received.

Has anyone tried cleaning the interior of the boot area, I have 2004 R230, the inside of boot area is grubby (she will be 20 years old next year). Has anyone got any tips for cleaning the various soft surfaces?
Hoover the dirt , then either spray one of the foaming interior cleaners and scrub the foam in , or a spray APC (all purpose cleaner) and scrub that in . Both from Halfords or online stores .
Wipe with a damp cloth then hoover again if necessary .

Hoover the dirt , then either spray one of the foaming interior cleaners and scrub the foam in , or a spray APC (all purpose cleaner) and scrub that in . Both from Halfords or online stores .
Wipe with a damp cloth then hoover again if necessary .
Cheers W1ghty:, love the fact that you still “Hoover” as opposed to vacuum! Good ideas though I like the foaming idea, thanks

Cheers W1ghty:, love the fact that you still “Hoover” as opposed to vacuum! Good ideas though I like the foaming idea, thanks
Yep still hoovering with my Numatic Charlie and Dyson buddy :cool:

Slightly "Off the Grid" but have you considered one of the "Clean your Car for a Fiver" places? most of them have a Vax or equivalent, just ask them to do the Boot!;)

Slightly "Off the Grid" but have you considered one of the "Clean your Car for a Fiver" places? most of them have a Vax or equivalent, just ask them to do the Boot!;)
Thanks but none near me I’m “in the Sticks”

I find that if you boot has been used "properly" over the years or decades the only real way to get them really clean is to remove all the carpet and trim from the boot on a sunny day and give it a really good shampoo....not just with the Vax but a really good scrub with shampoo and stiff bristle brushes.....I did this on the grey boot lining (and carpet) of my 209 (most I saw were black even with grey seats...not mine!)....which looked a sort of pale brown colour with all the dirt it had picked up in 20 years. After that I left them in the sun to dry....soft, clean and grey as new!!! Could not find a boot pic!!
57d9a5c55aa12_1[1].jpg

I find that if you boot has been used "properly" over the years or decades the only real way to get them really clean is to remove all the carpet and trim from the boot on a sunny day and give it a really good shampoo....not just with the Vax but a really good scrub with shampoo and stiff bristle brushes.....I did this on the grey boot lining (and carpet) of my 209 (most I saw were black even with grey seats...not mine!)....which looked a sort of pale brown colour with all the dirt it had picked up in 20 years. After that I left them in the sun to dry....soft, clean and grey as new!!! Could not find a boot pic!!
View attachment 149975

As mentioned mine is R230 SL, the floor has a removable black liner which is new so no problem. Rest is immovable grey fabric which has a few individual marks and just general discolour due to age and lack of cleaning. Last night I used some carpet and fabric foam cleaner, I just did a small area on Luggage cover then vacuumed off this morning and it looks clean so I have now done the whole cover and waiting for it to dry. Will report back! BTW the foam cleaner is a well known brand that comes in a big pink can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom