• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C117 Reversing camera retrofit

DrewB

Car
2015 CLA 250 4Matic
Afternoon forum people,

Is it possible for a diy tatter (me) to fit/install a reversing camera to my 2015 CLA, or is it a MB garage job as I feared ?

Does the wiring loom exist within the boot for me to 'plug into', and Roberts your fathers brother ?

Many TIA

Andy

The loom wont exist and you will need to manually fit it.

MB do sell kits, but its extremely hard for your local parts dealer to locate them/order them.

Once fitted you will need to code in the camera into your cars COMAND system.

Not the same car, but I did this on my CLS63 AMG:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The loom wont exist and you will need to manually fit it.

MB do sell kits, but its extremely hard for your local parts dealer to locate them/order them.

Once fitted you will need to code in the camera into your cars COMAND system.

Not the same car, but I did this on my CLS63 AMG:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Definitely food for thought ;-)

To add pain, some versions of the CLA won't have the CANbus needed for the factory reverse camera either, and the kits are all discontinued to you have to work out the parts and buy separately, install and then code the car properly for it (which includes making the dynamic lines work etc)

The alternate to factory is aftermarket and it depends on the head-unit as to whether an external control box is needed or not, so the cost is very variable depending on the spec of the car !

Cheers
Richard

CommandUK sell kits for this, either being OEM or aftermarket but the concept is the same, then going into the head unit maintenance settings to be able to enable it . Sometimes you can also get away with wiring it through the license plate light to avoid any holes drilling

I also fitted a reverse camera from Amazon to my 2015 cabriolet, it works very well and it was easy to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom