• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C350 Estate 125 Edition Vaules

Ian_Mac

While looking on the Mercedes website earlier today I notice you can pick an almost brand C350 diesel est 125 for around £30k.

My question is how long do you think before you can realistically pick up a tidy example or £20k ?

Ian_Mac said:
While looking on the Mercedes website earlier today I notice you can pick an almost brand C350 diesel est 125 for around £30k.

My question is how long do you think before you can realistically pick up a tidy example or £20k ?

Reckon about a year and a bit. However a C320cdi or a normal C350cdi is just as good

125 edition doesn't really add anything except for a little badge and a better Comand system as standard (but not anything you can't get as an extra).

125 edition doesn't really add anything except for a little badge and a better Comand system as standard (but not anything you can't get as an extra).

I don't think it even gets the badge!

Ed 125 in a C does however mean you get the facelifted C with the latest variant of the 3l V6 CDI. (265 v 231 hp IIRC?)

I have the 265bhp E350 and that's not the 125 edition. I think the 125 is only for the latter part of 2011.

Yep, Pete it's the latter part of 2011. Remember I'm talking about C Class here. Just wanted to point out to the OP that an Ed 125 in a C will only be a facelifted car.

No problem. I'm not really up to speed on all of these smaller cars....

Reckon about a year and a bit. However a C320cdi or a normal C350cdi is just as good

I dont know how true this is. Between Sept and December 2009, I was in the market for a poverty spec C180K Sport saloon which cost about £28,500 new. The cheapest 2 year old car I saw even from car supermarkets (CarGiant) was for about £19,999 and this was a 57 reg high mileage car (circa 45,000miles). The decent 18 month old cars with low mileage cost between £22 and £24,000.

If it is a pre facelift car then it may depreciate faster but I doubt a C350CDI which cost approx £35000 new will be sold for £20,000 in a year and a bit (18 months).

Well I may be wrong. I have just checked the Mercedes used car site and there are 18 month old cars for £24000...... Maybe the cheaper small engined petrol cars hold their value well or it could be that it was because the C class was only 2 years old when I wanted one.

ChuckyYeager said:
Well I may be wrong. I have just checked the Mercedes used car site and there are 18 month old cars for £24000...... Maybe the cheaper small engined petrol cars hold their value well or it could be that it was because the C class was only 2 years old when I wanted one.

Fair do. I know £25k will get you into something nice and pretty new

There was an item on the local TV news tonight about s/h values at auction, small cars particularly are holding up well. In these hard times folk want economical, so buy a cheap V8 :D

The 125 gave you Navigation as standard. This was the only extra over and above the standard spec and was driven by a shortage of Audio 20 CD players due to the Japanese Tsunami.

I suspect a lot of these have been sold on 24 and 36 month lease as there have been some cracking lease deals over the last 3 to 6 months.

As such expect to see a lot of 125 edition cars starting to hit the use car lots in about 18 months from now.

I am guessing with the spec they have, they may be quite popular.

Being a Edition 125 it will be a facelift car with the improved interior (and many other changes under the skin). A lot of the 2011 cars for sale will be pre-facelift.

I just had a test drive in one from MB in Hemmel (C350 Estate) yesterday.
Beware that some edition 125's have smaller 17" wheels as apparently they ran out of the 18's. Not sure how true that is but that's what I was told.

I still liked the car though and was tempted to get one, they have a lot of tech and toys on them and I thought the sat nav was better than the one in my 08 car.

It just did not quite feel special enough to persuade me...:o might change my mind though!!!

As for value £30k did seem pretty good on an 11/61 plated car with 5-8k miles, it's the finance packages that are no good.

M.

mw_C32 said:
Beware that some edition 125's have smaller 17" wheels as apparently they ran out of the 18's. Not sure how true that is but that's what I was told.

This is correct of the 18" 5 twin spoke wheels (code 786).
The standard issue Sport 18" wheels (9 spoke IIRC) were still available.

The 17" wheels twin spoke were a no cost option and often spec'd on cars through the shortage period.

You can currently get nicely specced, 12 month old pre-facelift cars for about £24k.

Personally speaking I'd like to hold out for a facelift model for the improved interior and more powerful engine. I guess if upgraded nav is the only benefit of the 125 Edition then it's not worth holding specifically for that model.

I picked up a March 11, C350cdi estate in Nobember 11 for £28.5 with 1400 miles. Massive spec, pan roof, heated leather, memory seats, ils, HK, 6cd changer with media interface, tinted windows, command & 7g auto. Sort of wanted ed125 c250cdi but couldnt turn it down.
Massively quick, mpg 33 - 42 brim to brim, family sports car, what more can you ask for?

The facelift cars are newer, better and more expensive.

For me, given my budget, the choice was whether to get a facelift c200d (maybe c220d) with average spec or a pre-facelift, fully loaded c350d.

^ I would have done that with out a doubt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom