• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C43 Tuning Issue - Engine Cutting

noobydoouk

Car
2017 Mercedes C43 Estate
Hi everyone - new to the group so please be gentle.

I’ve recently bought a 2017 C43 estate and after successfully mapping my old C220d I decided to do the same thing. I went with Celtic tuning for a stage 1 remap to start with and, as far as performance goes I was very impressed indeed with both the throttle response and overall performance gains.

After a couple of weeks of getting used to it I started to play faster and in manual mode where I noticed a significant issue…… here goes!

In Sport+ & manual, I’d accelerate hard through the gears and off she goes but when I get into 5th at around 4100rpm / 94mph the engine would just lose power and not go any higher than that. Change into 6th and it would do the same i.e. sit at around 3600rpm but go no higher. Initially it would only do it in Sport+ & manual but as time went on it started doing it in auto too, albeit not as bad. Then even more recently it started doing it in Sport & manual but not auto. All other engine modes both manual and auto were unaffected.

To try to remedy this I spoke to Celtic and we tried the following:
Take the map off and reload into the car
Try in different weather conditions and different phases of driving e.g. after a short run, medium run, long run etc and nothing changed.
Tried settings in individual mode.

None of this worked and it continued to do it so to see if the car had an issue I had the map taken off today and everything runs fine in all modes and settings.

Celtic said it’s a well used map and they’ve never had an issue with it. I’ve also been consistent with using super unleaded fuel since buying it in September last year so can’t be that.

Anyone come across this or know what it could be?

Thanks in advance, Steve.

Not saying I’m right but could be car is over boosting and ecu limiting boost pressure ?
Have you got anything that can messure what psi the turbo is pushing (like Carly or another diagnostic) if you anywhere near Essex you can use mine?

For me I would take the map off and go GAD tuning or MSL

Not saying I’m right but could be car is over boosting and ecu limiting boost pressure ?
Have you got anything that can messure what psi the turbo is pushing (like Carly or another diagnostic) if you anywhere near Essex you can use mine?

For me I would take the map off and go GAD tuning or MSL

Now you’ve mentioned it and I’ve done some searching, it seems like it may be the culprit. I had the map removed last week and have been in contact with MSL to get it booked in so hopefully they can get it mapped properly for me.

Thanks for your reply 👍🏻

Now you’ve mentioned it and I’ve done some searching, it seems like it may be the culprit. I had the map removed last week and have been in contact with MSL to get it booked in so hopefully they can get it mapped properly for me.

Thanks for your reply 👍🏻
You’ll be in good hands get a dyno run before and after to see how much power you gained and it’s good beat shifting points 😂

Sounds like it needs a good diagnostic

It's probably had one in the 10 months since he last posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom