• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

centre console armrest

stevegbr

Car
mercedes w203 avantgard se a 1.8 2007
i need to know if i have to remove the centre console as a unit, or can i just change the armrest lid as it as broken away.

mercedes w203 avantgarde se a 1.8 2007

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, the W203 and the W209 are identical is this area. In which case, you *can* replace just the armrest lid - that is, the bit that hinges left/right. The wiring for the telephone is in the lower lid - the bit that hinges front/back (along with the armrest lid).
Getting the armrest lid off is a real faff, as is getting the replacement on. There is a definite knack to getting the all the little levers & pins pushed in or out as necessary. A second person, or maybe duck tape might do the trick. I'm not aware of an easy method - just perseverance and lots of bad language.
Ian.

Getting the armrest lid off is a real faff, as is getting the replacement on - - - - - just perseverance and lots of bad language.
Ian.
A nightmare !
Only MB could make a simple thing so complex and difficult.

Hi folks - a bit late to reply but I've been ill. I can add some, hopefully, useful advice on the armrest lid refitting procedure. I spent time researching it (doesnt seem to be 'officially' covered anywhere) & have put together a pdf document that explains the procedure of re-fitting the lid after it comes off. It's attached, hope it helps.

Attachments

Hi folks - a bit late to reply but I've been ill. I can add some, hopefully, useful advice on the armrest lid refitting procedure. I spent time researching it (doesnt seem to be 'officially' covered anywhere) & have put together a pdf document that explains the procedure of re-fitting the lid after it comes off. It's attached, hope it helps.
This is just what makes the forum fantastic. Gives useful information with good banter (and a wife in my particular case.... 😍)

Hi there Gollom - I see from your (ex) fleet list that you've had a couple of W203 Coupes in the past. What did you think of them?
By the way, I'm not sure I've heard of an EVO version before?
Hi there stevegbr, sorry for the Hijack........... 😟

is there a way of getting the right one for your car, as there a lot that looks the same, but some seem to fit different, hope this makes sense.

is there a way of getting the right one for your car, as there a lot that looks the same, but some seem to fit different, hope this makes sense.
Hi stevegbr, I have based my pdf on my own car (W203, 2005) and I have assumed the saloon is not much different. Again, your car is a few years newer (an age in the designer world) so it may have been changed on later models. I can only suggest using Google as I did - maybe you'll get lucky. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom