• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Centre Console Wrap??

Copthorne

Car
220d
Evening all,

Sure this has been raised several times before so bear with me!

I p/ex my 2014 E Class 250 coupe earlier in the year for a 2017 C220d premium estate. A decision I very quickly regretted cos I loved the old car but..... c'est la vie The C220 is sensible and practical which is what I needed at the time, or so I thought :confused:

But one of the things which is bugging me (and there are a few!) is that awful piano black central console. Would much have preferred the black ash but Merc offered me this car on such a good deal I went for it. But with the sunroof open (which is most of the time for me) there is a lot of reflection from the console and of course its willingness to show scratches. Would like to replace it with the black ash console but expect the price would just be silly. Wrapping came to mind but I assume the console would have to come out to allow for this so again maybe not as cheap as I would like.

I am guessing that someone here as gone to the trouble of wrapping their console so maybe has some pointers. Maybe other suggestions. A tasteful shade of Dulux emulsion perhaps?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks. P

A wrapped console will always be just that even if it has been done properly by removing it and stripping it down to the bare bones prior to wrapping.

What about replacing it with a used one , you will need to remove it anyway if it was getting wrapped.

K

Hydro dipping may give a much better finish with so many compound curves. :cool:

Following this as I'm thinking of p/ex'ing mine which has the ash wood effect for one that has the gloss black and I was thinking exactly the same thing. The one I had before this one also had the gloss black and I wasn't a fan, but the black wood effect one is very nice.

Let me know how you get on, please report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom