• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CLK 500 Exhaust recomendations

SnowBear57

Car
A140 sold, S500 sold, R320 sold, 2004 CLK 500 AMG? Not a real one Nissan Leaf for local trips
Can anyone give me any recommendations for exhaust repairs or replacement for my 2003 CLK 500 AMG ?
The exhaust is structurally sound but the rear silencer has a very annoying loose baffle which is driving me mad.
I am not averse to a stainless replacement, I am based in Surrey.
(I know its not a real AMG!)

I'd recommend getting an exhaust cut-out valve. Profusion custom is near Heathrow Airport

I'd recommend getting an exhaust cut-out valve. Profusion custom is near Heathrow Airport
What is the benefit of that? I am quite near Heathrow

What is the benefit of that? I am quite near Heathrow
Best of both. Can have it running a stock setup for times when you want to just have a normal quiet drive, and when you fancy a bit of noise you press a button and it opens up a valve.

Here is an example video from mine, start of vid the valves are open then I close them at the end, but it sounds like I turned the car off. Good for those early morning start ups.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I actually tested this out at MSL on the dyno and with the valves closed the car produres a tiny bit more low end torque vs when open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom