• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Clock drains battery twice a year!!

Sicklizard

Car
270 CLK
Hi all

I have a 270 CLK 2004. I have owned this for about six years now. I recently had a new battery fitted as the old one was not up to scratch.
I have a recurring problem with the clock. Twice a year when the clocks go back or forward (daylight savings time) the clock in my car goes crazy and just runs and runs until the battery is dead.
I have tried changing the clock manually before AND after the day the clocks change but it makes no difference, the clock still runs the battery down.
This happened again this morning and we are nowhere near the day for the clocks to go back.
The car came with a non-standard stereo unit from the previous owner but the problem used to be easily fixed by changing the clock manually, now that won’t work.
There is no option on the dashboard settings options to NOT sync up the clock with the head unit, as I have seen on youtube videos, not sure if my model should have this or not.
I have tried to disable the clock but I cannot find how to do that either, no allocated fuse or relay I can find.
It would seem my only option is to buy an Audio 10 or Audio 50 and return my car to factory settings, but should I have to do that? Isn’t there another way?

If anybody out there has an answer for me I would be very, very grateful as this is driving me slowly insane.

Cheers

Sicklizard.

Is this a pre-facelift model? I suspect it is being a 270. If so and it originally had comand then the clock sets from the RDS signal to the radio and the option to change manually is removed. If this was the case then a session on Star with an Indie should be able to return the manual set up option.

Is this a pre-facelift model? I suspect it is being a 270. If so and it originally had comand then the clock sets from the RDS signal to the radio and the option to change manually is removed. If this was the case then a session on Star with an Indie should be able to return the manual set up option.
Hi
I get the radio signal part but what I don’t get is why it keeps trying to reset the clock weeks after the date. Also, if it is not getting a RDS signal from the current stereo then how the hell does it know when to change the clock?
Looking at the cost for a fix (money is tight right now) it would seem to be much cheaper to get a used Audio 10 than to pay Mercedes’ astronomical charge to star the car.
Would gladly listen to any other options/ideas.

Try calling Comand Online in Lightwater Surrey. 01276 451579. They are the gurus for all these things and will certainly charge way less than a main dealer. They sponsor the forum and post as Alfie or richard on here

Try calling Comand Online in Lightwater Surrey. 01276 451579. They are the gurus for all these things and will certainly charge way less than a main dealer. They sponsor the forum and post as Alfie or richard on here
Hi
Thanks mate, I will give them a bell in the morning.

Cheers

SL

Hi guys

Does anybody have ANY ideas for me please?
I really have tried everything but it is getting to the point where the car is just unreliable unless we keep calling AA to jump start us, I dont want to get rid of the car but nobody seems to have any idea how to help us.
The guy whose company sponsors this forum has not replied to my email so I have no new ideas, desperately need some help, anybody got any ideas PLEASE??

SL

Hi guys

Does anybody have ANY ideas for me please?
I really have tried everything but it is getting to the point where the car is just unreliable unless we keep calling AA to jump start us, I dont want to get rid of the car but nobody seems to have any idea how to help us.
The guy whose company sponsors this forum has not replied to my email so I have no new ideas, desperately need some help, anybody got any ideas PLEASE??

SL
Try calling Comand on line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom