Command Sat Nav Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k.dawson1

Car
2016 C Class Sport Premium Plus
Just taken my March 2016 C Class Sport Premium Plus with Command Sat Nav to have the maps updated by Mercedes Huddersfield, Only had the car a couple of weeks but noticed the map version was 2015 unfortunately I didn’t make a note of the secondary version number, I was surprised when I checked after the update it still said 2015 along with version 6.

They assured me this is correct, can anyone confirm this to me please just driven up
the A1 to Sunderland and there was quite a stretch where the maps went off road for about 5 miles, same on the way back down to Halifax, just starting to get the feeling i’m £140 lighter with no real benefit after the update

regards

Kev D

Hmmm, I had mine updated last week when it was getting serviced.
I've just looked at the paperwork, it says " Europe 2020 Version 14"
Hope that helps.

Hmmm, I had mine updated last week when it was getting serviced.
I've just looked at the paperwork, it says " Europe 2020 Version 14"
Hope that helps.
Hi CJ is yours a 2016 C Class as well

As above.

The latest maps version for your COMAND Online NTG5*2 is indeed 2020 v14.0.

If you have maps dated 2015 v6.0 on your 2016 car, chances are that these are the original maps and they were never updated from new.

Last edited:
You should have been given an A4 sheet of paper showing the updated version along with the Pin# used.
I just had my map updated and had this.

You have been deceived by MB - Huddersfield.
Go back and complain and ask for the latest map you paid for.

Thanks gents this is very useful also had new discs fitted and the brake pads warning message came up today too, not a good start with Merc Huddersfield I feel

Thanks gents this is very useful also had new discs fitted and the brake pads warning message came up today too, not a good start with Merc Huddersfield I feel
Not great at all.
Are you sure they didn't do the work on somebody else's car by mistake?
Sorry - poor joke.
But bloody awful service, thats for sure.

:doh: Incompetence doesn't cover what you have experienced by the sounds of it.
I'd be having a very serious conversation with the service manager and demanding some answers.

When my map was updated on 14th Sept, MB Poole gave me this, the customer copy, showing the map update along with the pin code for my map.
Take a photo of my photo and ask the dealer where your copy is and why its not showing the latest map.

20200926_194124[1].jpg

I’m sure there are good main dealers out there but there do seem to be a lot of complete cowboys. It’s shameful. Every dealer no matter where They operate should provide the same service. Uniform. No differences. It seems to me that none of these franchised dealers really know what they’re doing half the time.

Hi all, I was at the dealership at 8am this morning, long story short I had a loan car within 5 minutes, they updated the maps
correctly this time and put new pads on as a good will gesture, I did say give me a good reason why I shouldn’t report this to trading standards which I think helped my argument and they were very apologetic so all’s well that ends well but should we really have to go through this sort of thing, but it’s done now so thank you all for your advice

Glad you got it sorted - its just a shame it wasn't done correctly in the first place.

Don't fret, not all MB dealerships are bad, I only have positive things to say about the one I use.

Glad you got it all sorted

Them describing the work as "goodwill" is disingenuous as you've already paid for it...I'd be asking for some money back on the work they charged you for but didn't do to cover your inconvenience

Glad you got it all sorted

Them describing the work as "goodwill" is disingenuous as you've already paid for it...I'd be asking for some money back on the work they charged you for but didn't do to cover your inconvenience
I think the OP just had his disks replaced originally.
So they have done the pads this time, still very poor how they didn't pick them up at the first visit.

For my S213 I have just checked the Mercedes Me portal and the latest software version is 18 - came out in May 2020. For the maps they have been updated in September 2020 and the latest version (for all EU countries) is version 371.
You can check your own version installed in your car via the Mercedes Me portal

It is Version 19 not 371, if you check in your car you will see. I was confused by the Portal, no idea why they have 2 numbering systems!

Some of the functions of the Command system have been discontinued. Mercedes taking away functions which have been paid for. Check out the attached link for more info as I pursue this in Australia.

mb-commandsystem.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom