• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Does it absolutely have to be AGM ?

Gazwould

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI
Facelift C Class 250 CDI battery killing season .

Anticipating a 13 year old AGM battery replacement this winter as would loose brake HOLD occasionally last winter because initial start up voltage wouldn't of been desirable.
Jot down the road, switch off and restart and you'd have it back .

I delightfully have had for 5 years now the wrecking ball Stop Strain permanently disabled by auxiliary battery removal so don't need an AGM main battery ?

13 years is great for any battery and the norm on old VAGs lead acid commonly a shared Varta being the OEM but recently stories on Mercs having to replace AGM from 4 years onwards .

There's a chance your alternator is high output and can potentially kill off a lead acid in little time. Afaik

I've just changed mine on the GLC . 115 size . £147 AGM bosch

Facelift C Class 250 CDI battery killing season .

Anticipating a 13 year old AGM battery replacement this winter as would loose brake HOLD occasionally last winter because initial start up voltage wouldn't of been desirable.
Jot down the road, switch off and restart and you'd have it back .

I delightfully have had for 5 years now the wrecking ball Stop Strain permanently disabled by auxiliary battery removal so don't need an AGM main battery ?

13 years is great for any battery and the norm on old VAGs lead acid commonly a shared Varta being the OEM but recently stories on Mercs having to replace AGM from 4 years onwards .
Slow charge it, should be fine for another decade.

Slow charge it, should be fine for another decade.
I tried mine on repair mode , 24 hours . 3 days later back to charging from 20% . They don't last forever, less on a diesel I'd say.

....recently stories on Mercs having to replace AGM from 4 years onwards .

My 2013 W204 was sold to a fellow forum member with the original AGM battery fitted, and as far as I know it is still going strong.

Also, if your car has Start/Stop, then the original battery will be AGM.

Have not heard about AGM batteries not lasting as long as Lead-Acid.

A6 is the new f21.

Out of stock.

Screenshot_20240912-203937.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom