• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Don't eat Daffodils

I can confirm that daffodils are indeed poisonous. Many many years ago, whilst drunk in a pub, I ate three bunches for a bet and to impress some girls. As everybody knows girls are always impressed by drunken fools eating flowers. About an hour after consumption I threw up in the toilets (a lot!). I felt so guilty about it that the next day I bought 3 bunches of daffodils, returned to the pub and sheepishly presented them to the landlord by way of apology. :o

My local Tesco also sells Mobil1....

How have I managed to live so long....?

By not requiring spoon feeding in every aspect of your life?
By having an ounce of sense, common or otherwise?
By being able to visit restaurants where the menu is written, not pictorial?

Put the effin daffs next to the leeks and while their at it, intersperse with deadly nightshade and for good effect, sprinkle some bushels of rhubarb leaves just in case some are dumb enough to think it is cabbage. The herd could do with losing some genes.

Dammit. Just twisted my ankle getting off my high horse.

I can confirm that daffodils are indeed poisonous. Many many years ago, whilst drunk in a pub, I ate three bunches for a bet and to impress some girls. As everybody knows girls are always impressed by drunken fools eating flowers. About an hour after consumption I threw up in the toilets (a lot!). I felt so guilty about it that the next day I bought 3 bunches of daffodils, returned to the pub and sheepishly presented them to the landlord by way of apology. :o

So it is you who, when it gets hot, opens all curtains, turns on non-essential electrical equipment and lights, stays out in the sun between 11am and 3pm, has hot drinks, does not wear sunglasses/sunscreen and stops drinking water, thus provoking the serially useless pronouncements from PHE?

I thought there must be a reason.

My mate Dave ate some and is now in hospital.

He'll be out in spring :D

The herd could do with losing some genes.

The problem with the Gene Pool is not enough Chlorine… … …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom