• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Engine Light requiring dealership diagnostic

wongl

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180CDI, B200d, C300h, SLK250
Mercedes C300h engine light came on yesterday. The Croydon MB Dealership is where we normally get it serviced on its service plan, and general repairs since we have an extended warranty with MB. But they don't have any appointment slots until September and suggested booking the car at West Bromley MB. Does anyone here have any experience using West Bromley Mercedes Benz dealership? Are there any issues or recommendations? Thank you.

Got the same issue, Stockport would fit in straightaway on a drop and go basis (25 miles from home), lounge was early September, courtesy car option tomorrow but have to pay £30 insurance even tho car still under warranty.

Mercedes C300h engine light came on yesterday. The Croydon MB Dealership is where we normally get it serviced on its service plan, and general repairs since we have an extended warranty with MB. But they don't have any appointment slots until September and suggested booking the car at West Bromley MB. Does anyone here have any experience using West Bromley Mercedes Benz dealership? Are there any issues or recommendations? Thank you.
I suggest you try GLM auto in Dorking, the owner, Grant is brilliant 👏
Worth investing in an OBD reader to read codes , there's some inexpensive ones out there.

I suggest you try GLM auto in Dorking, the owner, Grant is brilliant 👏
Worth investing in an OBD reader to read codes , there's some inexpensive ones out there.
I have a couple of MB scanners but unfortunately I am in Hong Kong at the moment and too much for the wife to try to scan the car or take it down to Dorking. She will either have to take in to West Bromley next week or wait until I am back in September!

It seems the car is not in limp mode (as it has been before due to the swirl flap being stuck/carboned up a few times before MB replaced the whole manifold was replaced under the extended warranty. Since that incident, I have been religously renewing the extended warranty every couple of years ever since!

courtesy car option tomorrow but have to pay £30 insurance even tho car still under warranty.
Not great but not unreasonable cost wise.

Ahh I see. I'd have offered to come scan it with my scanner if you were around as I'm in epsom which isn't far but probably not ideal if you're not around!

Ahh I see. I'd have offered to come scan it with my scanner if you were around as I'm in epsom which isn't far but probably not ideal if you're not around!
Thanks you for your kind offer TrueSpirit. I have also done this for nearby members in the past (with a certain scanner we are not suppose to name on here).

OP , bottom line is don't drive the thing with an EML on .

Your call.
Thank you for your advice on this Petrol Pete. I told the wife to avoid driving the car and she agreed that she will not use the car until she drives it to West Bromley MB dealership on Tuesday.

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. The car is in West Bromley MB dealership and the diagnostic suggests it is the NOX sensor needing replacement at a cost of £356.40. Part is in stock but will take 2.5 hours to replace?! So car will be ready at 5:30pm and luckily covered by the extended MB warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom