• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Enhancing Performance of 2006 W164 Mercedes-Benz ML 320 CDI (OM642): Stage 3 Modifications | Hybrid Turbo, Intercooler, and More

Thomas51

Car
W164
Hey there,

Just getting my feet wet in car modding and wanted to talk about my 2006 W164 ML 320 CDI with an OM642 heart. So far, the ride's been smooth and the car feels almost new, having covered only 230 km (140 mi). But let's face it, it's a bit on the heavier side and could definitely use a speed boost.

Here's what I'm thinking for upgrades:

1. Hybrid Turbo: Looking for something P&P to avoid fuss. Been eyeing the upgraded 777318.
  2. Custom Intercooler: No-brainer, gotta have it.
  3. Fuel Pump: Thinking Bosch Cp3 L110 H, part number 0445010029.
  4. 4-bar MAP Sensor: Got my eye on the A007 153 0028.
  5. DPF Delete: Planning to get rid of it.
  6. EGR Delete: Same as above.
  7. Swirl Flap Delete: Necessary? I've heard it's a must for BMWs but what about this Merc?
  8. AMG Nozzle Holder from C30: Is this needed to go beyond 300 hp? Aiming for around 350 hp here.
So, what do you think? Especially curious about the Swirl Flap and the AMG Nozzle Holder. Any advice or experience to share?

Swap it for an ML420?

... or a 63, as above.

Great idea. Difficult to pull of well. Make sure the rest of the car is in good nick so its worth doing. The gearbox will be a little more stressed with extra power so make sure it has been maintained properly. Id buy a ML 420, map it and have a reliable, very powerful car.

I'd probably just buy an ML63 AMG and have done with it. Diesels are going to become as socially acceptable as lighting up a fag in a pub using an asbestos wick in the not so distant future.
Not in our lifetime….tune the hell out of the diesel and enjoy 😉

I do have s GL320….will only go with a light map. Tune it to 250bhp ish….plenty without being too intrusive
We need to stay environmentally friendly 😂😂😂

Great idea. Difficult to pull of well. Make sure the rest of the car is in good nick so its worth doing. The gearbox will be a little more stressed with extra power so make sure it has been maintained properly. Id buy a ML 420, map it and have a reliable, very powerful car.
Out of interest, do you have a re-map provider that you would say is reputable and reliable?

Possibly not in Poland, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom