• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

exhaust back pressure sensor

Brimjim

Car
B200
Hi all got engine management light came on today P0470 code checked on my gadget and stated exhaust back pressure sensor , my mercedes is a b class180 diesel automatic 2015 can I get some help please with how to fix ect thanks all .

Hi all got engine management light came on today P0470 code checked on my gadget and stated exhaust back pressure sensor , my mercedes is a b class180 diesel automatic 2015 can I get some help please with how to fix ect thanks all .
I had to do this on my S250 (OM651 engine). Was very easy, just unbolting a few bits to get to the sensor. I bought one from Autodoc for £25. Im sure there are videos on youtube you could look at (that's what i did).

Similarly my icarsoft identified the issue as the back pressure sensor. It paid for itself just in that job!

Is this still OK to drive please
I wouldn't like to say to be honest - i parked mine up until i fixed it. More because it was annoying to drive as it went into limp mode with strange gear changes, no kickdown and loss of manual control. It was a quick fix once i had the part.

You could take it out and give it a clean; see if that helps

I wouldn't like to say to be honest - i parked mine up until i fixed it. More because it was annoying to drive as it went into limp mode with strange gear changes, no kickdown and loss of manual control. It was a quick fix once i had the part.
Where is this part I have a b class 180 diesel automatic 2015 plate can you send me some pictures where is situated please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom