• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Front suspension sqeek

simon1963

Car
BMW 650
My 2017 S213 220d AMG line has developed a squeak/creaking sound on the front suspension going over speed bumps slowly. I assume something has worn and needs replacing, any pointers as to which part would be appreciated.

It could be drop links or one of the upper or lower suspension arms.

The only way to be sure is to inspect the car on a ramp.

Maybe droplinks?
You could check this by visually inspecting them, see if the bushes look worn etc - then spraying just those components with a silicon spray, drive and see if squeak has gone.
If it hasn’t chose another bush and repeat

On my 212 I recently had the drop links done on both sides. They were visibly shot. The rubber was breaking up on the OS one and the NS one was even worse with oil seeping out.

At the same time, I had the OS lower arm and balljoint replaced - that removed all manner of of groaning and graunching. So that's where the noise was coming from on mine - lower arm or balljoint.

My 2017 S213 220d AMG line has developed a squeak/creaking sound on the front suspension going over speed bumps slowly. I assume something has worn and needs replacing, any pointers as to which part would be appreciated.
Following...
I've also noticed a squeaking on the o/f. It squeaks more in the wet. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mine has coils on the front and bags on the rear.

My squeak has now turned into a clunk so must be a joint of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom