• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Grill slat theft

RichWeath

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Today I came out to my car to find some **** has stolen one of the grill slats from my r129.

Would anyone have a spare by any chance I could purchase?

Attachments

• IMG-20240624-WA0022.jpeg
    IMG-20240624-WA0022.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
It probably parted company on it's own rather than being targeted by nefarious crims. They're riveted into the frame, and access/purchase from the outside isn't great; most likely either the rivet or mounting point has failed. Of course, once separated it's possible someone has taken the opportunity to make off with it.

You used to be able to buy them individually from the dealer at one time, no idea if you still can though.

It probably parted company on it's own rather than being targeted by nefarious crims. They're riveted into the frame, and access/purchase from the outside isn't great; most likely either the rivet or mounting point has failed. Of course, once separated it's possible someone has taken the opportunity to make off with it.

You used to be able to buy them individually from the dealer at one time, no idea if you still can though.
Unfortunately it was there when I left my house and walked to my physio appt and was gone when I returned.

I have a part number but, I can't find it online for sale.

I doubt a new one would match, I'd be looking at a whole used grill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom