• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Help! MB651 engine EGR clean/remove in W639 Vito? Anyone done it on a vito (not sprinter etc)

116CDI

Car
VITO 116CDISPORT
Hi all,

Has anyone accessed thier EGR and worked on it for this engine on the vito? I Cannot see how to get to it without dropping the engine which seems crazy.

On the older -pre 2010 W639 the EGR could be accessed but now it is buried tight alongside the ECU/Fuse housing that's bonded to the firewall entry which I cannot remove without seemingly cutting it out or breaking the bond.

My Vito engine light is on and in and out of limp mode all the time.

I'm pretty sure it's the EGR/intake manifold side gunked up. It runs ok with wynns turbo cleaner in it after a good 50 miles of thrashing. Turbo actuator is nice and free moving and I can at times get the engine light to go out after a good run on wynns. So I now beleive the issue is likely at the intake side.

I cannot find anyone who has done this job despite alot of people who have on the Sprinter, 220 etc.

Tell me its not an engine out jobbie?!

Hi all,

Has anyone accessed thier EGR and worked on it for this engine on the vito? I Cannot see how to get to it without dropping the engine which seems crazy.

On the older -pre 2010 W639 the EGR could be accessed but now it is buried tight alongside the ECU/Fuse housing that's bonded to the firewall entry which I cannot remove without seemingly cutting it out or breaking the bond.

My Vito engine light is on and in and out of limp mode all the time.

I'm pretty sure it's the EGR/intake manifold side gunked up. It runs ok with wynns turbo cleaner in it after a good 50 miles of thrashing. Turbo actuator is nice and free moving and I can at times get the engine light to go out after a good run on wynns. So I now beleive the issue is likely at the intake side.

I cannot find anyone who has done this job despite alot of people who have on the Sprinter, 220 etc.

Tell me its not an engine out jobbie?!
You can do it with engine in and it's not much of a problem, it is quiet tight and you'll need long extensions to get the egr cooler off for a start

I had my 2018 EGR "worked on " last year , cost me £150 and its run great ever since, especially with re-map, its now done 135k, could do with bit more power for towing and carrying extra weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom