Help needed - what are these options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
On the new car there are lots of toys, surprises and some mysteries
Some, I need help with please....

I HAVE Googled what I can but still need the oracle that is the Forum to help explain, clarify and cut through the contradiction that is out there
Specifically:

235 ACTIVE PARK ASSIST - this isn't self parking is it - that's PARKTRONIC isn't it?

258 COLLIS.WARN. SYS. W/ ACTIVE BRAKE INTERV. FCW STOP - if 'On', will the car will apply brakes to avoid what it thinks is a collision about to happen?

483 VEHICLE DYNAMICS PACKAGE - is this 'just' the sports button and adjusted damper / throttle response / suspension setting that is pre programmed in there?

810 PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM - is this 'just' the HK audio with Logic 7 for Audio and DVD playback?

A89 REDUCED-FRICTION - nope, I'm at a loss....???

A98 TRANSMISSION SOFTWARE RETROFIT - ditto - it is a 7G+box, but this?

M014 ENGINE INCREASED PERFORMANCE - hmmm, sounds interesting but Google only seems to refer to the 350CDI only (inc discussion on here). This is a 3.5L M276 petrol twin turbo. It's not factory mapped is it....?

885 HIGHTEN THEFT PROTECTION - this is Thatcham cat1 immobiliser I believe?

531 COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5 - I thought I had NTG 4.7, but seems I have NTG5.1 - maps being updated when I get a 64GB USB stick delivered (I put it on hold whilst I confirmed what unit I had)

1U2 SNOW GRID - and what the 'eck is this?
The prior E350 Coupe had this, but I never got to the bottom of it. Why would it be spec'd on a LH / UK car (twice now?)

Cheers for your time

Active park assist is the self parking which can completely reverse into spaces and not just parallel parking.

Park assist is the parallel parking.

Last edited:
235 ACTIVE PARK ASSIST - this isn't self parking is it - that's PARKTRONIC isn't it?
Parktronic is the standard parking sensor system, just alerts to objects close to the car front/rear

Thanks Karl
Will have to RTFM then to see how to enable, but also disable it

Any help with the others appreciated.....

Thanks WN
At a loss to know why anyone in the UK (and I seem to know of two people now) who would spec and, if MB's track record is anything to go by, pay good money to have that.
Driving around in a Petrol V6, (and in the South of the UK where they were supplied) it cannot have been something to worry about :oops:
Hadn't they heard of Global warming.

Still looking at the M014 code - have written to MBCS, as if it is an enhanced performance, it could, in theory, cause issues with insurance.......?

I cannot find anything on Petrol V6's and this code, but it is a very under stressed engine with the Turbo's turned down so to ensure the performance gap is maintained (to true AMG models as explained to a journo in one article I fell across when researching the model) as well as improve emissions and fuel economy

Still looking at the M014 code - have written to MBCS, as if it is an enhanced performance, it could, in theory, cause issues with insurance.......?
If that's how it came from the factory (it's a factory build code after all), then there should be no issue as the insurer will have access to the specifications

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom