How do these things communicate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnCL63

Car
CL63 AMG
So. The DAB was working fine and i even managed to get my phone working thanks to forum help. For the past 2 days it just says please wait.

Today i drove from manchester to preston (35 mins)turned car off. Then to Blackburn (20 mins), switched car off. All this time it just said please wait.

I then drove from Blackburn to Warrington (40 mins) and just as i was pulling up it came on!
I had to turn the car off but took the opeertunity to swap radio stations. I then started back up and it was off again, about 35 mins later it came back on. Its been off for the rest lf my running about.

Whle it says please wait i cant use my phone, the sat nav works but i dont get audio.

How does all this communicate and work?

I thono you may of gathered by now im chucking money at this car. Im gonna make it mint! I love it even though i had to put yet another coil pack on and it threw a propper wobbler at some point, put all sorts on and even switched off the power steering!

Ill show you all the fault coads just from today (for anyone interested) and also the screen i get on the radio.

Get ready gor new fault coads tomorrow!Screenshot_20210331-185824_Gallery.jpg20210331_165304.jpg20210331_165310.jpg

A firmware update to the COMAND/Audio20 and the DAB unit may or may not resolve the reception issue.... ask the dealer about the firmware update when you get a chance.

Re the other fault codes, you need to check first if they are Stored or Present, then delete them and drive the car and recheck to see if they come back.

Hi just a thought have checked your main battery as these cars do tend to throw plenty of wobblers when the battery is going low. it happened to me.
Cheers i do hope u get it fixed,

Hi just a thought have checked your main battery as these cars do tend to throw plenty of wobblers when the battery is going low. it happened to me.
Cheers i do hope u get it fixed,
Chamged it today after a million coads! No only one code fron right wheel speed sensor

Chamged it today after a million coads! No only one code fron right wheel speed sensor
Ahh! Sounds as if your getting there at long last., the speed sensor should be an easy fix. I know that the battery gave me a lot of problems ie. no indicators working and Comand switching itself on and off, even when it did work it switched off when i put the car into park. Changing the battery brought everthing back to normal, although Comand will not switch on anymore, therfore I will have to take it to dealer sadly and find out what Star throws up. Good luck with your project.

Ahh! Sounds as if your getting there at long last., the speed sensor should be an easy fix. I know that the battery gave me a lot of problems ie. no indicators working and Comand switching itself on and off, even when it did work it switched off when i put the car into park. Changing the battery brought everthing back to normal, although Comand will not switch on anymore, therfore I will have to take it to dealer sadly and find out what Star throws up. Good luck with your project.
Command seams to work off the Aux battery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom