• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Injector recall on the 2.1 OM651

Liam7755

Car
Jeep patriot 2.1 om651
Hey guys,

I have a 2011 om651 motor in my car and I have SOME suspicious behaviour from it that I think favours fuel injector. I think!

There’s no lights on the dash but it does smoke a little black under heavy acceleration and after about 3k revs it feels a little shaky almost! It also runs harsh for 3 or 4 seconds on cold mornings but that might just be a glow plug I suppose!

Anyway, I read about the Delphi injectors causing some issues on the early 220s and I have a relatively early model on 2011. Is there any way to tell the updated injector or nozzles or whatever they done to them to rectify the problems?

Last edited:
The early injectors had no spill pipes on them iirc. The spill pipe tubing was added as part of the recall. There was a sticker on the front right of the cam cover that detailed the original injector coding numbers. Usually as part of the recall the sticker was crossed through with black felt pen

The early injectors had no spill pipes on them iirc. The spill pipe tubing was added as part of the recall. There was a sticker on the front right of the cam cover that detailed the original injector coding numbers. Usually as part of the recall the sticker was crossed through with black felt pen
Annoyingly this vehicle isn’t strictly speaking a Mercedes! It’s a Jeep patriot .. with the 160 odd bhp om651 engine. Would I be able to see the spill pipe tubing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom