Interesting cars for sale in Jersey.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crispian22

Car
Ml63 amg performance pack
Whilst on an extended holiday here in Jersey, spotted a couple of very interesting mercedes for sale at what I reckon are good prices.

As i recall,its not a massive job to register in the uk,i think you pay the dvla registration fee and 12 rfl and your away.

SL500 Brabus

CL600 Bi-turbo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005_142408_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_142408_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20231005_142353_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_142353_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
Hi , what about the tax status ?
I reckon the English plated sl would be as above, dvla registration fee(£80) and whatever 12 road tax is.

Not sure if duty would need to be paid on the CL as it has been in Jersey from new so no duty paid on it to hmrc.

Mmmm 20% that makes it not quite so cheap! However that V12 Bi Turbo does look rather mint and the mileage is more than likely correct. I lived with a girl who had parents in Maufant ( Jersey ) and spent quite a lot of time there in the 1980's, and there are not a lot of roads!! I believe at the time there was a total of under 800 miles of road network in Jersey .... you are not going to do a lot of miles!

.....but there is also a 40mph (or less) island wide speed limit......cant imagine that will do a V12 BiT much good......

.....but there is also a 40mph (or less) island wide speed limit......cant imagine that will do a V12 BiT much good......
Im not sure about Jersey but i have relatives on Guernsey and they don't have an MoT test, so there are some real death traps driving around. Plus everyone drives up and down the kerbs as the roads are so small so wheels and suspension get a very hard time of it. Perfect place for an EV though!

Anyone on here own / have owned / have imported a Jersey motor ?

It’s easy to imagine some well heeled folk on Jersey having very nice motors on their regardless of cost, even though they have a half a dozen cars on the driveway and nowhere to drive them.

Presumably V12 coil packs degrade on age rather than mileage / usage?

Anyone on here own / have owned / have imported a Jersey motor ?

It’s easy to imagine some well heeled folk on Jersey having very nice motors on their regardless of cost, even though they have a half a dozen cars on the driveway and nowhere to drive them.
Yes,my partner lived there for 22 years,when she moved back to the UK in 2020,she bought her car back with her to the UK, it was simply a case of getting it registered here and paying 12 months rfl and a new mot done.
It was originally a UK car so the vat had already been paid on it.

A Jersey car from new will need the vat paying on the purchase price and a mot as they don't have mot's on Jersey.

We brought two cars back from Jersey when we moved back to the Uk in 2014.
one was originally a UK registered E211 which we had bought in the UK . We needed an export certificate from the jersey equivalent of the dvla and the original jersey registration books had to be returned within 2 weeks. On arrival so just needed a mot test then submitted all the relevant documentation to get re registered, got its original UK registration back ( after a DVLA foul up which gave it the wrong registration which they had to rescind).
the second one was Smart we had bought new 9 months before, which had to be registered and required us to keep it 12 months before we sold to avoid paying the vat if my memory is correct ( this was before brexit though )
I drove the E class direct from the ferry to our Uk house on its jersey plate and insurance which covered it until it had been MOT’d the day after. Then it remained off the road until the new V5 arrived and plates made up.
The Smart was driven by the removal company driver ( organised special insurance ) the registration with the DVLA which was actually a lot quicker than for the E class

Yes i spotted that the Brabus was LHD, which is a shame and would make the appeal far less to me - I have owned quite a number of American cars in the past.... the appeal? cheap for displacement on offer, as all are LHD. This was the 1980's ....

I've had three LHD.....never been a problem and would have another......just a pain getting the tickets at car parks and paying for drive thru stuff when you are on your own.....but that's rare occurrence for me.

Yes i spotted that the Brabus was LHD, which is a shame and would make the appeal far less to me - I have owned quite a number of American cars in the past.... the appeal? cheap for displacement on offer, as all are LHD. This was the 1980's ....
Personally i think i would value that type of car more in LHD. To really enjoy it would mean heading across the Channel so LHD would actually be better? Win/Win? I seldom get to enjoy my wheezy 240bhp Alfa in the UK, but it comes alive over t'other side!

Whilst on an extended holiday here in Jersey, spotted a couple of very interesting mercedes for sale at what I reckon are good prices.

As i recall,its not a massive job to register in the uk,i think you pay the dvla registration fee and 12 rfl and your away.

SL500 Brabus

CL600 Bi-turbo
The SL is very good value, even if it’s only wheels and styling. Nice. If you have to add VAT, then not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom