• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Jaguar Xf

mebs

Car
2014 BMW 530D Msport, Renault Grand scenic
On my way to the Post office this morning I saw a Brand new jaguar XF parked on the side of the road,now i know this car has has its share of publicity and the car of the year so on and so forth, But i must say I have read a lot of reviews in mags but seeing it in the flesh is a different experience altogether, It is BEAUTIFUL.

Jags are known for its wood interior and classy looks but the inside was immaculate on this baby,big screen sat nav and a very contempory cosy look.

i liked it so much I checked it out on the net,apparently it has a unique start-up sequence so when your press the engine start button, the whole thing comes to life with the centre known illuminates and comes up, the vent roll over and the screen goes through a monitor sequence,

that leaves only one thing for me to say How Much?

£37,500 for a diesel premium luxury - thats not bad for a lot of car!

there is one negative - depreciation - but then again its a jaguar and the current market for prestige cars is`nt looking too good for the near future

i say get it what the hell :)

I saw one of these too in the car park of a local property company. Luckily I was visiting the company anyway so had a chance to have a good nose. It truly is a beautiful car, very classy and understated in the way Astons are.

At those prices, I'll be shopping in a couple of years :D Will obviously be DCI by then :crazy:

I have not seen one in the flesh but on paper it,s looks great.
But will it go wrong ? too many clever toy for it to last I have an X type to many problems to list

Does anyone think that that XF will save jaguar? especiallly now thats it going to tata motors, or do you think that jag has had to many chances, i.e. xj220. e-typr, s-type, etc etc

Does anyone think that that XF will save jaguar? especiallly now thats it going to tata motors, or do you think that jag has had to many chances, i.e. xj220. e-typr, s-type, etc etc

A tricky one. The XF is generating some good press. I'm warming to it too. But I think Jaguar needs to reflect the choice expected by the market...where's the SLK/Z4/TT in Jaguar's range? CLK/A5? The brand has a lot of errors to correct...will they run out of cash?

(probably)

Its in a unique market, doent want to compete with every model in range

A tricky one. The XF is generating some good press. I'm warming to it too. But I think Jaguar needs to reflect the choice expected by the market...where's the SLK/Z4/TT in Jaguar's range? CLK/A5? The brand has a lot of errors to correct...will they run out of cash?

(probably)

Also, where is their SUV (4x4 if you prefer)? It seems weird that Jaguar shared so much with Land Rover under Ford ownership but there was never a Jaguar SUV.

Still, Tata could probably put a Jaguar badge on their wonderful "Safari Dicor". Problem solved:

TATA SAFARI DICOR

On my way to the Post office this morning I saw a Brand new jaguar XF parked on the side of the road,now i know this car has has its share of publicity and the car of the year so on and so forth, But i must say I have read a lot of reviews in mags but seeing it in the flesh is a different experience altogether, It is BEAUTIFUL.

Jags are known for its wood interior and classy looks but the inside was immaculate on this baby,big screen sat nav and a very contempory cosy look.

i liked it so much I checked it out on the net,apparently it has a unique start-up sequence so when your press the engine start button, the whole thing comes to life with the centre known illuminates and comes up, the vent roll over and the screen goes through a monitor sequence,

that leaves only one thing for me to say How Much?

£37,500 for a diesel premium luxury - thats not bad for a lot of car!

there is one negative - depreciation - but then again its a jaguar and the current market for prestige cars is`nt looking too good for the near future

i say get it what the hell :)

We could make it so that instead of turning a simple key, the whole dashboard could leap about, rotate 13 times and then vanish up its own a---hole, while emitting large quantities of smoke. Would that be a better car?

Put your finger over the Jag badge in a photo and the front could be a Kia, Suzuki or anything. Nothing about the ordinary looking design says Jaguar. Old chassis, old engines, what's the big deal.

I saw one a month or so ago on a motorway so was approaching it from a rear three quarter angle. I thought it was a mondeo and it was only when my passenger pointed it out did I realise it was the new Jaguar. It's lost it's jaguar style IMO.

Also, where is their SUV (4x4 if you prefer)? It seems weird that Jaguar shared so much with Land Rover under Ford ownership but there was never a Jaguar SUV.

Still, Tata could probably put a Jaguar badge on their wonderful "Safari Dicor". Problem solved:

TATA SAFARI DICOR

This sort of thing?......only a matter of time....

Last edited:
has anybody actually driven one yet?

Imagine that lot when it starts going wrong in the second-hand market.

Then they'll be a bunch of new members raving about their bargain XF they picked up. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom